PDA

View Full Version : One OOP Dinner???

BMan62
08-08-2008, 11:36 AM
We have all of our "Free" DDP ADRs booked for our Sept. 16 - 23 trip, but because one is a 2 credit meal/show (Spirit of Aloha,) we will have one night that we need to do OOP.

We have booked:
Tony's Town Square
Spirit of Aloha
Spoodles
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Boma
Tutto Italia

Looking for a reasonable priced TS or maybe we'll just save CS credits and work it that way.

I'm open to ideas!!

MuchLovedMama
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
We are doing Rainforest Cafe OOP for our upcoming trip. I can't pass it up & now that we have kids I know their gonna love it. Can't wait! Have fun!

judoma
08-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Trail's End @ Ft. Wilderness seems to to be very reasonably priced. I booked this for our leaving day...just in case we end up using an additional TS at night on the day that we are having an early morning TS character bfast. It seems very affordable if it must be paid OOP, and I havn't heard anything bad about it so far.

karenrarintogo
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
We have the same situation, but we are using 2TS credits at Narcoossee's.
We decided to pay out of pocket for the Crystal Palace Breakfast--we thought it would be a change of pace with a different time and menu. It's also less expensive than a TS lunch or dinner when paying OOP. We plan to use counter service for the one dinner left over. :):mickey:

Magic Smiles
08-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay, I have checked the abbreviations and it is not there. What is OOP? I see it often on this board and cannot think of what it could possibly stand for. I get that it is a meal that you pay for yourself, but what does OOP stand for?

judoma
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Okay, I have checked the abbreviations and it is not there. What is OOP? I see it often on this board and cannot think of what it could possibly stand for. I get that it is a meal that you pay for yourself, but what does OOP stand for?

OOP = out of pocket :mickey:

wdwfansince75
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
For lower cost TS meals at WDW.....Trails End used to be a sure bet....but seems to be more crowded recently. Garden Grill at Shades of Green is not only for guests at SoG....take the SoG bus from the TTC, or walk from the Poly...or drive, and park in the open parking for Palm and Magnolia golf courses...Allearsnet has this year's menu and price....lowest cost buffet around....quality seems to have slipped from earlier visits, but filling, and economical.

Otherwise, consider late lunch at WDW resturants....LTT has good, filling lunch menu....used to like Concourse Steakhouse....haven't tried Wave.

Kairi_7378
08-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Personally, I'd save a CS meal or two and have a CS meal one night for dinner. Or pay OOP for a CS here or there because they are cheaper. A lot of the CS meals are big enough for DH and I to share so we tend to conserve our credits that way.

disneygirlie11
08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
50's Primetime is pretty cheap in comparison to alot of other ts.

bigbabyblues
08-09-2008, 07:33 PM
We're paying OOP for Sci-Fi (lunch), Plaza (dinner) and Beaches & Cream (who knows when, probably lunch).

KatMark
08-09-2008, 08:53 PM
For our upcoming September trip, we are paying oop for Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom for lunch (we are also paying oop for Fulton's at Downtown Disney as it's not on the dining plan and we are having our special dinner here for our 25th wedding anniversary because it is first Disney restaurant my husband took me to).

jszczur5
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
or maybe we'll just save CS credits and work it that way.

I'm open to ideas!!

That's what we do. You can save a couple of CS credits by splitting a couple of pizzas one day, and by ordering the ribs/chicken combo at Cosmic Ray's on another day.

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
A buffet would be the best TS to pay OP. Or pay for pizza one night. We especially like the ones at Pop Century:mickey:.