PDA

View Full Version : sending a care package to hotel

fab4nczc
08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
we are planning a trip to disney in sept,and wondering if anyone has shipped a package to the resort prior to arival, how did this work,what did you ship,were your packages ready for you at check in and finnaly how early did you send your packages. any help is always helpfull.

Beast_fanatic
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I haven't shipped a package, but many people have.

Many people ship snacks, kids supplies (diapers, etc.), even clothes.

The only cases where I've heard of people having problems receiving their packages are when they have shipped via the postal service. Packages that are received from the postal service go to a central point and may not be delivered to the appropriate resort. Also, some resorts may charge for the service, particularly convention resorts, but it seems to depend on who receives the package at the resort.

LittleRoosMommy
08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
We shipped a box to BWI last October and are planning on doing the same thing this October. We did not have any problems at all!

I sent supplies for my 1& 3 yr old DDs: sippy cups, snacks, diapers, wipes,extra blankets, umbrellas, etc. I even shipped all of our toiletries (so I didn't have to worry about the airport regulations!). I used UPS to send the box. Without any trouble at all!

Just make sure you ship the box to yourself at your resort. Also include your confirmation number and check-in date on there as well. I mailed in about 2 weeks prior to our check-in date. I was able to use the UPS tracking to check the progress on it. Once I saw that it had been delivered to the resort, I called and double checked that it was there. The conceirge and front desk were very helpful and checked that the box was physically at the resort and made sure that it was noted on our reservation that I had a box waiting for us at check-in.

I think our box weighed about 45 pds and only cost $15 to send. Once we arrived at the resort and checked-in, we asked for our box to be delivered with our luggage once it arrived by DME. No problems at all!! It made our trip down so much easier!! Not to mention, now we have a box to ship things home, which we did as well!!

Hope this helps!! Enjoy your trip!!:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
08-08-2008, 08:54 AM
That sounds like a great idea. If you mail toiletries and stuff to the resort you will have it when you arrive even if ME does not deliver your luggage right away. I would rather mail it than have to carry it all on the airplane. I like the idea of tracking your package and then calling the resort for confirmation of delivery. That way you know it is there before you even leave home. I will do this for our upcoming trip in Nov. I think I will mail down some shorts and tank tops ahead of time because we won't need them in Maine in November. Then I can just mail them back home before I leave.

nyobabe2
08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
We shipped a box down in Oct. to the Poly (thru UPS) and we sent it down on Tuesday and we arrived on Saturday, it was there ready and waiting for us. We packed a case of water, juice boxes, and all kinds of snacks, cereal and that parlamat milk. Well worth the $$ of sending it down. Saved us alot of money while we were there! Definetly recommend doing it.