PDA

View Full Version : noise from above in pop rooms?

dyin tago
08-07-2008, 03:33 PM
hi,
dw and I are staying 10 nites at pop in september.
we stayed at pop twice before and found soundproofing to be pretty good but we always requested top floor as we were concerned about noise from above keeping us awake.

we realize there are elevators but we usually end up so far from it that we take the stairs and being on the go all day with multiple trips to the room we get pretty pooped! has anyone had any problems like this?

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I've stayed at POP a few times and never really noticed any noise from above. The only noise I remember was from people walking past our rooms talking.

disneymom15
08-07-2008, 05:06 PM
We've never had any problem with noise from above. We do hear people walking or running past our door.

ali'sdad2003
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I would agree with everyone else. I am usually so tired it does not even matter. The only noise that is bothersome is people in the hallways. :D

44 Days to Go!!!

homeschool mom
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
We've stayed at Pop several times and never heard noise from above. I don't even remember much noise from the walkways. I think I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. I tend to go nonstop from dawn 'till way after dusk when I'm at WDW. :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
08-08-2008, 09:47 AM
We've never had a problem with over-head noise either.
:mickey:

Mousemates
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
disneygeek84 I've stayed at POP a few times and never really noticed any noise from above. The only noise I remember was from people walking past our rooms talking.

:ditto:

TheRustyScupper
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
1) Walking or jumping on beds do get heard lightly below.
2) However, the Turbo Toilets are something else!

lebo
08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
We just got back yesterday, and had a room right by the Hippie-Dippy Pool on the 2nd floor. Had no problem, at all with noise.

Disney fans..
08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
We've stayed at the pop before and are staying there again this Nov. and we've always been on the bottom floor and have never heard any noise from above us or even outside the room...guess we were lucky.

JerseyDad
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
We've stayed at the pop before and are staying there again this Nov. and we've always been on the bottom floor and have never heard any noise from above us or even outside the room...guess we were lucky.

....same here. Always have been on ground floor and there have never been any noise from above. As a matter of fact...we've always asked for the ground floor / poolside (60's Buildings)...and it's really been quite amazingly quiet.