PDA

View Full Version : I encountered a very nice CM yesterday

Jeff G
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
We are going to WDW in September during the free dining promotion. Back in March I made all of my ADR's but since that time I've found that we will have four different groups of friends at WDW the same week as us (all by chance). Because of this we've re-organized our plans and moved the dates around for the parks and restaurants in an attempt to spend time & a few meals with everyone.

Our original ADR's included hard to book place like LeCellier, 'Ohanan & Liberty Tree Tavern.
With our new schedule I had to move most of our original ADR's which has been a challenge during the free dining period. As of yesterday the only two places we had to rebook were 'Ohana and LTT. With 'Ohana we already have a group of 8 on a Saturday night but we have 6 others who want to join us either that Saturday or Sunday. I've made 10+ calls over the past two weeks and the restaurant has always been 100% full unless we dine after 9:30 (not an option with young kids) until yesterday. The CM I was speaking with looked at Saturday and there wasn't anything but while talking to her I mentioned there was little chance for our group of 14 getting in together. That is where she surprised me. She asked if I had spoken to group reservations and I when I said no she said let me transfer you but I was reluctant, if a group of 6 couldn't get a table how would a group of 14? But she insisted I talk to group reservations. It's hard to explain but while talking to her I could tell she had something and was excited to help me out. When I finally gave in and transferred they found us a table for all 14 on Sunday night at 7:00, our preferred time even. Like I said I've called at least 10 times looking at both days with this group and this was the first CM to listen and direct me to the proper channel. She tried so many more ways to get us in than the average CM and with her help we were able to get exactly what we wanted.

Now we only have to try to get into LTT (if we don't our back up is Kona which is fine with me too).

PittFan
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm glad things worked out for you. :) It's nice to see you give credit to the CM. I hope you remembered her name and did the survey at the end of the call.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
That's great:)