PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading AP's

luv2BnWDW
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I know when you purchase MYW passes you can upgrade to longer stays or AP's. My problem is that I just renewed our AP's online and my 17 year old DD informed me that she doesn't want to go to Disney this year. So my question is...can I take her AP voucher and downgrade to a 5 day and give it to my sis-in-law for our Nov trip?

faline
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
You can ask Disney but they, generally, do not allow downgrades.

DizneyRox
08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Many problems:

1. Renewal doesn't do much except extend the end date of your pass.
2. Disney doesn't like giving money back. Taking more is OK, but not giving money back.
3. The pass is your daughters, not your sister in law. Tickets are non-transferrable.

I think you are out of luck on this. Your daughter has an AP for another year (even if she doesn't use it), and your sister will need a ticket in November.

ILoveLegos
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
If it is a true new AP voucher, and not an AP renewal - your daughter can keep the voucher "forever" or at least it won't be activated until your daughter decides that she wants to go to Disney World again - then it's good for 365 days after that. My good friend bought an annual pass right away when she moved to Florida but did not actually use the voucher until about 7 years later! My point is that new AP vouchers never expire - but they can carry restriction on what future parks you can visit - if a new park is opened in the interim between yor purchase and first use of said pass.