PDA

View Full Version : Arriving early, can't check-in right?

Diznut
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
So our flight lands at 1030a. Magical Express is picking us up and I assume bringing us to the hotel (movies). We won't be able to check in, right?

We're assuming not, and will want to go to Disney Studios. Will ME take us there? Or do we need to go to the hotel first?

Also if we have to go to the resort first, do you think we should get off the bus if it stops at a resort closer to Disney Studios then our hotel?

Just trying to get all the pieces together. Appreciate the help!

disneyfan328
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
You have to take the DME bus to your resort. You will need to check in regardless of the time ( we got in around the same time as you last year). You have to check in and get a room assignment so that they can give you your key to the world card. This is what admits you to the parks, as well as your ddp (if you have one) and enables you to charge things to the room. If you have carry on bags with you - you can check them with bell services and head on out to the bus stop to catch a bus to which ever park you want to go to. The front desk should also give you a number to call to see if your room is ready if you end up coming back before the regualr check in time of 4pm. If using DME they should deliver your luggage and any checked bags to your room once it is ready. If they are not there when you get back to your room simply call bell services and they will bring them for you.

DME will not take you to a park - from the other estimates that I have read. The average time from your plane to your resort is about one to one 1/2 hours. Most DME buses only make 3 stops and those resorts are all in close proximity to each other. We were checked in at our hotel and headed to EPCOT by 11:20am (we stayed at POR ) and our plane had landed at 10am. I think that is pretty good.

Lizzie
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes check in. We checked in at 8:30 AM on our last trip and they actually had a room ready for us. We got our luggage about 10 minutes after we go to our room. We had to wait longer for the pack n plays than the luggage. It was great we flew red eye and the kids didn't sleep well on the plane so we all took naps before heading out to Blizzard Beach.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2008, 01:09 PM
You should check-in first.

You'll get your room key (with park tickets, if you bought them as part of a package), dining plan, etc.

You'd be surprised, there is a decent chance that your room will be ready, but even if not, the resort will store your luggage, and give you a card to call to get your room number later in the day.

bkfree
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Last trip are flight landed at 8:30am and we arrived at the resort by 9:30 and our room was ready and our luggage delivered with in 30 minutes.

I did send a fax to the resort about 2 days ahead of time,letting them know that we had an early arrival time. I put in the fax that we know our room would probably not be ready and our luggage would be stored at bell services.

They had recieved our fax and had upgraded us to a water view room that was ready.

Diznut
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks everyone! Will certainly check in first. Forgot about the park tickets and DDP.

homeschool mom
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
We always check in when we arrive and it's always before normal check in time. On every trip except our last, our rooms were ready and we were able to unpack and get refreshed before heading to MK.

On our last trip, the rooms weren't ready, but they took all of our luggage and then put it in our rooms when they were ready. It was all there when we got back later that night. :thumbsup:

WDW is very accomodating! :mickey:

36 days and counting! :party:

sdewan
08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
We always come in on a redeye and arrive at the front desk before 9AM. 3 out of 4 times our room is not ready, but even when it is we head to a theme park first. We are all too excited to go straight for a nap, so we like to tire ourselves out a bit first.

When the room is not ready, you get assigned a room. There is no correlation between the fact that you arrived early and what time your room becomes available. You could be the first to check in that day but the last to get into your room. But we've never had to wait past 1PM to get in because by that time we'll call the front desk, and ask to be switched to any available room in our category. They moan a little bit about having to re-assign the room and issue new keys, but in the end we get into a room sooner.