PDA

View Full Version : southwest flight prices decreased

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Just noticed our flight to orlando has decreased by $30 each.
just wondering if we get a credit, can one person use the credit or does each person have to use their own?

Can you do this more than once, ie if the return flights go cheaper can we request a credit for these as well? or if they go further down can you get additiional credits.

faline
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
If prices continue to go down, you can continue to rebook for credits. Be aware, however, that the credits need to be used within one year of the first flight on which you obtained a credit. For example, you booked a flight in January and obtain a credit in March and another in July. The credits will need to be used by January or will be lost.

I believe you can apply all the credits to one person's flights.

ThanxForNoticin
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
SW is extremely flexible with their 'credit' policy. There are no fees or penalties. If you can book your same flight for $30 cheaper right now, you can use that $30 towards the purchase of a future ticket (within one year of the original purchase, as mentioned above). I believe the credits are even transferable. I think you'll need to go online, cancel your current reservation, have all that money go into your credit account, and then make a new reservation using what you need from the credit account. The result should be a new reservation with $30 left in credit for future use.

DizneyRox
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Well.. Actually, you may have a problem. If you booked a round trip, you will have to cancel BOTH legs and rebook.

So, if your flight down is $30 cheaper, but your flight backis $50 more, you will end up paying $20 more to fly. By the time the return flight is cheaper (if any) often the first leg is more.

With SW I always book each leg individually so as to avoid this problem.

The rest works as others have described.

MuchLovedMama
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Rebooking both legs wasn't what I had to do a few weeks back. We had decied to book a day earlier so we went into change reservation & we only had to select the flight that we wanted & then select the new one that we wanted. It would say at the bottom of the screen that we had x amount of funds applied & that we needed to add another $54 because it was a higher priced flight.

They are correct about having to use the credit within 1 year from the purchase. I'm not sure though about who gets to use it. I think I read where somebody else said that you just enter the confirmation # & name of the persons credit that you wanted to use in the future & it just applies it but I'm not 100%. They made it sound simple though to use somebody elses credit.