PDA

View Full Version : What's good at Chefs de France?

Giselle
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
We have ressies at Chefs de France for our next trip. We've never eaten there before so I was wondering what is good bto eat there. Thanks!

Disney fans..
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
We have this place booked as well when we go in Nov..I was thinking the same thing, the food on the menu looks good but I would love to read opioions from people that have eaten their.

SBETigg
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I really like the escargot, but a lot of people also like the tarte alsacienne and the onion soup. For main dishes, for some reason, Chefs doesn't always get the best cuts of beef, but they are great with the fish dishes. Also, the mac n cheese is one of my sister's favorites anywhere. For dessert, I like the crepes, any kind, but I think the current is a Peach Melba.

DebK
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
The onion soup is excellent.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2008, 11:56 AM
My son likes escargot and said their's was good, I thought the desserts were all yummy:mickey:

wendy*darling
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
We have been here a few times- always at lunchtime.

I really liked the escargot. :thumbsup:

And their short ribs were phenomenal! :cloud9:
I couldn't finish the whole plate, but I am looking forward to getting them again in Oct!

I don't even remember the desserts- the short ribs were THAT good. ;)

Nut4DW
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Their lobster bisque is AWESOME - was my favorite thing we had to eat there. I would go back just to have that.

mdricks
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Les escargots sont les meilleurs.
Essayer le Cabillaud en croute de pommes de terre. Le poisson est excellent.

Vous ne serez pas déçu
Bon appétit!

anneb
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
The goat cheese salad is good at lunch. (Can't remember whether they have that at dinner, too.)

Natazu
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
the view ;)

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2008, 06:04 AM
For once I'll disagree with Jym on a place to dine (blasphemy!!!). We have had very good luck at Les Chefs, although admittedly, it does get mixed reviews.

It's a bit noisy, and can be cramped, but it can also be very fun and a wonderful experience. We've often had the later.

The escargot and onion soup has always been a favorite.

We've had nice dishes with shrimp and/or tuna. One time, I had duck here, and it was one of the finest meals I've ever had in WDW.

Normally not dessert people, we have shared crepes here to finish. They're very good, although not the best we've ever had.

Miss Tink 2
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
We lived in France for 2 years, so we enjoy this restaurant!! My favorites are the Filet de boeuf grille(grilled tenderloin of beef w/bordelaise sauce) potato gratin and green beans-for dessert you must have the Profiterolles au chocolat-they are cream puffs filled with vanilla ice cream and a most delicious chocolate sauce over top-Enjoy!!!!

ChipDale2708
08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I have never been there for dinner, but have had lunch several times. The first few times we went there, I had the quiche and it was wonderful. A nice sized wedge w/ greens and a glass of wine - perfect. The last time we ate there (2 years ago) I ordered the quiche and it was a whole mini quiche, just like what you can get in there bakery. It came still in it's tin on my plate w/ salad around it. Wasn't impressed. Prior to it had been a slice from what seemed like a fresh quiche - this tasted like a frozen one microwaved.

We have ressies in October, but I will be trying the Croque monsieru et sa salade verte. Sounds good!

ElenitaB
08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
We've been there for lunch and I had the French Menu which consists of onion soup, the croque monsieur and salad and creme brulee for dessert. All yummy! My son had fish from the kid's menu and it received :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We're having dinner there in December and I'll have to try the short ribs (though duck is one of my favs). So many choices, so few vacations. :blush:

Natazu
08-08-2008, 07:51 PM
For once I'll disagree with Jym on a place to dine (blasphemy!!!). We have had very good luck at Les Chefs, although admittedly, it does get mixed reviews.

S'ok Frank, I respect the views of those who like Les Chefs, it's just not for me. (see how easy you get a table at FF now... just kidding) ;)

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
see how easy you get a table at FF now
Jym,
The good news is that I'll be dining there twice in the near future! I'm pretty happy about that. August 20 and 23 will find me in the Flying Fish (unless you have enough pull to cancel my ADR's!!!).

I'll also be dining in Les Chefs on August 27. Looking forward to the culinary experiences... :thumbsup: