PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: And the winner is...

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Good day, everyone! The Tournament of Attractions, which has meant, and still does, mean a whole lot to me has come to the end. Hundreds of votes on over 30 polls couldn't have been made without your help. Here now, before I announce the winner, is a complete recap of the tournament, with the results, in the order they appeared in.

QUARTER-FINALS:
Spaceship Earth over Mission: Space 52-31
Rockin Roller Coaster over Great Movie Ride 63-21
Haunted Mansion over Space Mountain 73-24
Expedition Everest over Kali River Rapids 74-10

Soarin' over Ellen's Energy Adventure 87-14
Star Tours over Backlot Tour 51-25
Splash Mountain over Country Bear Jamboree 59-6
It's Tough to be a Bug 3D over Dinosaur 41-36

American Adventure over Nemo and Friends 33-32 (closest match!)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid over Playhouse Disney 69-1 (most lop-sided!)
Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road over Peter Pan's Flight 52-43
Maharajah Jungle Trek over Primeval Whirl 53-28

Test Track over Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D 79-7
Tower of Terror over Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular 68-19
Pirates of the Caribbean over Jungle Cruise 73-10
Kilimanjaro Safari over Triceratops Spin 80-4

SEMI-FINALS:
Spaceship Earth over American Adventure 57-19
Tower of Terror over Voyage of the Little Mermaid 69-17
Haunted Mansion over Splash Mountain 69-53
Kilimanjaro Safari over It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D 43-23

Soarin' over Test Track 58-31
Rockin Roller Coaster over Star Tours 74-12
Pirates of the Caribbean over Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road 57-27
Expedition Everest over Majarajah Jungle Trek 67-11

FINALS:
EPCOT WINNER: Soarin' over Spaceship Earth 66-40
DHS WINNER: Tower of Terror over Rockin Roller Coaster 55-36
MK WINNER: Pirates of the Caribbean over Haunted Mansion 79-70
AK WINNER: Expedition Everest over Kilimanjaro Safari 47-34

REGIONAL FINALS:
Tower of Terror over Soarin' 57-48
Pirates of the Caribbean over Expedition Everest 79-34

After over two months of matches, and a well-received tournament, the FINAL poll is now closed. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of Intercot, the winner of the Tournament of Attractions is...

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Pirates of the Caribbean demolished the Tower of Terror 68-36, which came as a shock to me. However it seems the majority of people on this board enjoy that ride the best, so it rightfully wins!

Thanks so much again everyone...this has been a lot of fun!

And as always...have a Disney Day! :)

Chris :hatter:

cal5755
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Pirates is a super great ride!! My personal all time favorite is Splash Mountain :mickey:

I didnt get to vote in all of them...I have been busier with the kids camps this summer and getting up earlier than for the school year so I have not had as much time on here as I want. I loved the polls though and thank you for taking the time to do that.....it is neat to see the opinions of certain rides. Some were landslide winners when you would have thought it would be closer.

AmandaChan
08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean might have won but.. how many people disagree with the fact that they've altered it?? Just curious! :mickey:

:thanks: for doing this though, it IS interesting to see how many prefer a certain ride over another and how it contrasts with your preferences.

KAJUNKING
08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
although i love pirates, i am very surprised it won all

RAIDER
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
It was a fun competition well done :thumbsup:

But i am surprised POTC won .....

My personal favourite was Soarin :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
although i love pirates, i am very surprised it won all

I agree 100%. I think it's a great attraction, but probably only top 10 at best compared to some of the other attractions. But obviously, others really really like it!

BMan62
08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Congratulations to all the rides that participated! You are ALL great!!!!

Had this begun after TSMM opened, the outcome may have been different!!

Mackflava99
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for doing this- it was fun to follow-

JasonH
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Actually, I'm NOT surprised it won. Personally I would've bet that the final two would've been between PoTC and HM considering that even after all these years, these two classic rides have gained a HUGE mainstay with WDW guests both old and new. And had they not been pitted against each other so early on, it most likely would've been the final matchup. Very few rides these days ever make it that long and continue to draw the crowds that they do, even with the small changes that have been made throughout the years.

I tip my pirate hat(which I do own one), raise my sword(which I do own two, but only one is befitting to be pirate-worthy) and raise my mug of rum to ye PoTC and congratulate ye to a title well-earned, and to hopes that ye offer many more a land-lubber the thrills of the high seas:sail:, wenches to buy:girl:, lands to pillage and plunder:twocents: and many more a bottle o' rum to drink!!:cheers:

HUZZAH!!!

Hey, I just realized this was my 200th post. Maybe not a major milestone, but a milestone for me nonetheless. I say again....

HUZZAH!!!

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
AWESOME...I love POTC. I am glad it won...but now i want a new tournament!!!!!:blush:

mrsgaribaldi
08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the polls, they are alot of fun. While I love POTC, my favorite, for pure enjoyment, was ToT. I love Pirates but it doesn't make me scream and laugh like the Tower.

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
my personal fave it ToT but my DW and DD voted POTC.

pianobabe
08-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I had a lot of fun with this tournament. You did a great job. Thanks for doing this.

BritCody
08-08-2008, 06:26 AM
As others have said before me great tournament, it was fun. Thanks!!!

DDuck66
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Great job Chris!!! But as another poster said, "I want a new poll". Any ideas for the next contest??

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Great job Chris!!! But as another poster said, "I want a new poll". Any ideas for the next contest??

As per the requests for more...it's in the works! Possibly early next week, I'll announce a smaller tournament which I think a lot of people will enjoy, though it may not allow everyone to be involved, especially if they're first-timers to WDW.

Next week, the Tournament of RETRO Attractions! may be officially announced...featuring past rides from WDW!

This is just one idea...a possible other one that may affect the same group of voters and participants would be the Tournament of ORIGINAL Attractions! and feature POTC, HM, Journey into the Imagination, etc. before they were renovated.

I'll give it some more thought over the weekend! :mickey: Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! :D:thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

DISFREAKS
08-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Great job with the tounament!:thumbsup: It was fun keeping track of it each day. Thanks for doing it.

bruin1344
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM
well done, that was fun