PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Surprise in Resort Room

green ranger
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I have heard and read about people getting autographed character pictures and balloons in their resort room for their birthdays. I was wondering how to go about this because we will be celebrating my son's 5th birthday this September while we are in Disney. It's a special birthday and I would love for him to find a little surprise in the room.:party:

trudisneygal
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes, you can get a card signed my the characters if you tell them at check in. Usually it's signed my Mickey (sometimes Minnie too), we did this when we stayed at POP in Dec. Just ask when you first arrive. Also, make sure you get him a birthday button from MK! You'll get some good surprises and lots of well wishers!

TammiMcMan
08-07-2008, 01:30 AM
There's never a guarantee, but this is a request that they do try their best to fulfill. Just stop by the Lobby Concierge desk and you can put your request in. I know that the AKL does not deliver a balloon because of the danger to animals, but the other resorts do try to include at least 1 balloon with the card. Because the delivery is based on the schedule of the resort runner, they may not get it delivered on an exact date or time, but it will be there at some point.

You can guarantee something by contacting the Disney Florist if you want or if you are staying in a resort with room service, you can call them and have a cake and decorated table brought to your room.

shepherdgirl
08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
My mom was just at CBR a few weeks ago and the CM at check in asked about why she was visiting. My mom said it was for her birthday. She was very surprised to find a balloon and a card in her room later!

mook3y
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Definately contact the concierge desk.

We were not prepared for our DS4 losing a tooth last year. We had left our tooth fairy kit we use at home. They were able to get in contact with the tooth fairy for us. :thumbsup:

Also you can order a birthday cake from a bakery on site. :party:

KatMark
08-09-2008, 08:50 PM
We have found it to be hit or miss with us and with other people. They totally ignored my husband's 50th. However, when we were there for my 50th last year, I received a birthday button, balloons and a "gold" key card when we checked in. Once we went to our room, a basket was delivered with wine, Mickey etched wine glasses and a box of chocolates, along with a card signed by Mickey and Minnie. We were also given robes for the length of our stay to use.

TammiMcMan
08-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Yup, individual experiences will vary and that's why I try to advise guests that if they want to guarantee something, order and pay for it through the Disney Florist. With so many people celebrating a special event in their lives at Disney, they just aren't able to get to everyone. It's fine if you go with the attitude that anything extra is pixie dust, but I've read lots of reports where guests felt very disappointed and upset because they never received a card or a balloon.

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
1) Have your anniversary-birthday-etc noted on the ressie or on ADR's..
2) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
3) It simply is a matter of the CM's initiative and how busy they are that day.
4) Expect nothing and be pleased with any CM activities.
5) Some of the things a CM can do are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . free wine or champagne
. . . free appetizers
. . . free cake
. . . free wine or fruit basket sent to room
. . . free flowers sent to room
. . . free room upgrades