PDA

View Full Version : Visiting all of the Disney resorts in one day.. REALISTIC?

Soul_Power
08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
It will be my first time going to WDW while the Christmas decorations are up, and I'm really excited to see all of the decorations at the resorts too. Do you think it's realistic to visit them all in one day? Okay, maybe not ALL but the notable ones at least :mickey:

Mousemates
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
No, it would be hard to do every resort in one day....but I suppose you could (hit all the biggies in one day) if you start early and end late....for several of the must sees are in clustered groups... i.e the monorail resorts, and the epcot resorts including swan/dolphin
where you could visit many in a short time span.

However, a couple of the best...the WL and especially AKL...are kind of off to themselves. And remember there are no resort to resort buses....so unless you drive or rent a car, going resort to resort means mulitples bus trips....i.e bus to resort...bus to a themepark to transfer, bus to next resort.

So in the end I'd suggest a more modest visit plan...pick out the ones you most want to see (and again I'd def include WL/AKL/GF) and take the time to enjoy them, rather than running a full court press and seeing alot without having time to soak it all in.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-07-2008, 01:58 AM
You could easily visit them all in one day, depending on how much time you spent at each and how lucky you are to get buses on a good schedule. Like it was said, start early and plan to end late.

Remember - the Poly, the GF, and the CR are all connected by the monorail, which you can get to from MK. You can then get a boat to WL from the CR.

Then take a bus to Studios, and then you can take the boat to YC, BC, Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin.

Go back to Studios on the boat and take a bus to AKL. From AKL, take a bus to AK. It's the closest park without having to back-track. From AK, take a bus to either Coronado Springs or the All-Stars - all three of the AS should be connected. Those are the two closest to that park.

From the All-Stars, take a bus to DTD. Take the boats from DTD to OKW, SSR, POFQ, and PORS - all of them are connected by the boats.

From whichever resort you end up at, take a bus to Epcot. From Epcot, take a bus to either Pop Century or Caribbean Beach.

Repeat the steps for whatever resorts you are missing.

brownie
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
You could, but it probably would wear on you to try to visit all the resorts in one day. I'd stick to the deluxe resorts and plan on spending most of your day.

EmmMOM2
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm sure it's possible...but most of your time would be spent travelling to and from places.

I wouldn't do it. Maybe just visit the biggies (floridian, WL, AKL)

GrumpyFan
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Trying to do them all in one day, sounds quite tiring, and in the end not very fun to me. As mentioned, the travel time will be the most tiring part of doing this. I would just stick to the Deluxe resorts around MK, since they're so easy to get to.

SFTrny
08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, it is possible...although not particularly a great way to see the parks. This was a challenge that was posted and commented on in another Disney fan site. It was interesting to read about the ground rules for achieving this and how the day progressed.

Phantasia
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
It's probably possible, but why on earth would you try to do all the resorts in one day??

It sounds like something out of the Amazing Race -- it would be interesting to see if it is possible, but doesn't sound like much fun.

Disney fans..
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
We wanted to do this too! BUT the more we think about it we have decided to just hit the really big nice deluxe resorts.

Aggie97
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
We have visited the MK and Epcot/DHS area resorts in one day without any difficulty. On our Christmas 2006 trip we started out the day with a nice breakfast at the Polynesian (where we were staying), then visited the GF, CR, WL, YC, BC, and BW, using the same WDW transportation route CaptainJessicaSparrow suggested above. We ended the evening with a later dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We chose to visit the AKL on the same day we toured AK. I probably should explain that it's just two adults in our party, so we can get around pretty easily. Have a great time! :mickey:

PetefromRI
08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Possible?Yes.The real question is why?You'll be completely exhausted and you won't really enjoy it.I'd stick with the Deluxe Monorail resorts and then maybe WL and AKL.That should pretty much do it.Whatever you decide,because it IS your vacation,goodluck and enjoy.

AndrewJackson
08-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I would recommend just hitting some of the deluxe resorts. The easiest would be to take the monorail around to all of the MK resorts. Then, you could also catch a boat from the Cont. over to WL. You would be able to hit four of them in no time.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll be the one to say visit BC and see the carousel made of chocolate. It's very pretty.

buzznwoodysmom
08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
We have visited all the deluxe resorts to see the Christmas decorations. We didn't do them all in one day, but it was very managable and fun to do them all on one trip. This is what we did, we had dinner at Ohana's on our first night so after dinner we took a monorail ride and stopped at GF and CR to see their decorations (that takes care of the monorail resorts). Then we had dinner at WCC one night after AK. Since we are usually done at AK by mid afternoon we took a bus from AK to AKL to see their decorations. From AKL we opted to take a taxi to WL just to save on time (we really don't like the back and forth on the buses). That took care of WL and AKL. Thanksgiving night we had dinner at Cape May Cafe and took time to go to YC and BW while we were in the area. We didn't go see the Swan and Dolphin decorations, but we surely could have had we wanted to. You can always take boat rides from DTD to SSR, OKW and POR&FR if you wanted to see those resorts as well. We also went off site one night to see ICE at Gaylord Palms and it was very worth it. The resort is beautiful and we really enjoyed our evening there. I think you should definitely find time to see all the different resorts, but maybe space them out to coordinate with any ADRs you may have for the week. That would be more managable and enjoyable. Have fun!