PDA

View Full Version : Our Son Earns His Ears! Day Four

spb
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
4/29/08 Downtown Disney to meet family/Yacht and beach Club for dinner and outdoor movie

Cast: DS almost 4 years old, DH 31, and myself 30

We had breakfast in the room again from our groceries before heading out to meet up with family at Downtown Disney. My paternal Uncle and his family live in FL year round and my paternal Grandparents are here for half the year. I hadn’t seen my grandparents for several months; but my Uncle I hadn’t seen for several years! It was an emotional reunion for me. My Uncle’s youngest Daughter is just one month younger than our son, and I had last seen her as a baby! Here she was nearly four and very much resembling my younger sister at that age. Wow! My Aunt is also five months pregnant with their FOURTH child! Being with my Uncle is always very homey because he sniffles constantly like my Dad and also makes the same jokes, so it felt great to see everyone.

We decided on lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and I have to say it was our one bad meal of the trip…just awful. My pasta had clearly been sitting around in a big batch for some time and reheated for too long, resulting in a chewy mess. Everyone’s sandwiches where just blah; but my sons spaghetti seemed yummy (and his brownie!) We were disappointed because we have loved it here in the past. The little ones were both being pretty shy. The most my son said was recited lines from his favorite Scooby Doo episode. My Gram fell in love with the goofy waiter, Poppy hummed nonsense songs to himself , and we got to hear about life with three kids ages 8,6, and 4 years plus one on the way! My Uncle’s freaking out a bit because he’s nearly 50. Yes, catching up with the family made lunch delicious!

The kids had a ride on the train afterwards and then we said our goodbyes filled with lots of picture taking and hugs. Good times! I was glad to get back to our fantasy vacation though, because my family members are locals who really don’t see anything too magical about WDW. We shopped on our own for a bit. DS got the light saber he was promised and also seemed to love racing the cars at the Lego store. Shopping accomplished, we wanted some relaxation time before dinner, so headed home.

After resting for a while in the room, we went back down to Screendoor to pick up a cute Chip and Dale pin we’d seen the first day. Our son wanted to wear it right away because he was loving the chipmunks on this trip. From there, we walked to Cape May. DS was in his afternoon funk and walking and acting silly, so of course fell flat on his face. Thankfully, he wasn’t hurt and we laughed it off.

Dinner was delicious as usual! I love everything here, especially the pasta and my Husband LOVES the steamed mussels. Our waiter, James, was wonderful too. DS really liked him and tried his best to impress him by reciting the same line from that Scooby Doo movie over and over again…oh, dear. After his mac n’ cheese and veggies, his dessert and “wild strawberry” Crayola crayon (this boy loves anything strawberry!) distracted him from torturing the waiter. His dessert, btw, consisted of TWO cupcakes and a mousse Oreo! I couldn’t believe how much our son was eating on this trip…not to mention how much I was eating. I was particularly obsessed with cornbread throughout the week. It seems others shared my enthusiasm. We saw one man return three times to his table with a huge chunk of cornbread topped with a dollop of whipped cream!

The Boardwalk pool was calling for us after dinner and we had time before the Beachclub movie, so we walked back across the lake. I stopped at Seashore Sweets to pick up snacks for the movie, while the boys went ahead to change. On my way back to the room I saw an odd act that never got past tossing his hat from his foot to his head and I stood there for quite some time. Slow getting started that night maybe? We got in a good deal of pool time at DS’s request, then changed into warmer clothes for the movie. It was chilly that night!
The film being shown on the beach was the animated 101 Dalmatians. So cozy! All the adults laid back in lounge chairs to watch the film, occasionally sitting up to discipline the kids who had zero interest in the film. The children ran around playing in the sand. Our son took to digging like a dog, sending the sand flying in all directions. A woman sitting next to us found it hysterical… I did not! DS settled down after a little talk. We picked at a chocolate peanut butter sandwich, white chocolate chip cookie (possibly my favorite sweet in WDW), and Rice Krispy treat while taking in the movie and surroundings. The Boardwalk across the lake looked beautiful, the night sky looked beautiful, and then illuminations started behind us and that was beautiful!

After the movie, we walked back to the Boardwalk for bed. DS had to be carried the whole way because of his bare, sandy little feet. Back in the room, my husband cuddled with our little son for about half a second before he fell sound asleep. I seriously think he was mid sentence and then snoring! Sweet Disney Dreams…tomorrow we’d be back at MK and EPCOT!

the other micki
08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
What a nice, relaxing day! Glad you were able to meet up with beloved family members.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-07-2008, 12:56 AM
I've been loving your reports! Your son sounds very cool and very funny...I love all the little details you've been putting in about him (i.e. "why cant i touch nothin?" referring to PhilharMagic:funny: ). So cute! Looking forward to more!

Chris :hatter:

mouseketeer mom
08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
What a wonderful time you are having on this trip! I can feel your joy from reading your posts. I love your report!

yjgirl32
08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day- family, food and a movie.

Ropachs
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Thank you for the reports, they are FABULOUS!!

Mackflava99
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your report!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Another great day:)

Lizzie
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I have been enjoying all your reports. Sounds like its been a great trip.

#1disneyfan
08-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Your reports are great to read! What a wonderful day you had, thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I am so glad you were able to have a nice little family reunion while on your vacation. What a great setting to catch up at! :thumbsup: Sounds like you had a really wonderful day. Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
08-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Lovely day! It's nice you got a chance to catch up with family and get in some relaxed time as well!

Mousemates
08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
The Boardwalk across the lake looked beautiful, the night sky looked beautiful, and then illuminations started behind us and that was beautiful!

Makes me wish I was there!

tinkerbell04
08-08-2008, 08:07 PM
What a great relaxing day. Thanks for sharing!

daparish
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Another great report.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
another great day!! im really enjoying reading all about your vacation! :mickey:

Meerkat
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
A good day overall. Glad you are enjoying your WDW visit.

laward32
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
I am glad you had a nice reunion. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

January-2007
10-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the great trip report!! :mickey: