PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the Flying Fish Cafe

PetefromRI
08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Anyone have suggestions on what to order at the FFC.We'll be there in about four weeks.Even though we're on the DDP we will still order appetizers if there are any real good ones.

Natazu
08-07-2008, 05:17 AM
The Snapper is hard to beat; I think everyone should try it at least once. The best apps are a little pricey but the crab cakes and lobster soup are both excellent. Tell Keith I said "hi".

Crow
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I liked the Snapper:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2008, 05:58 AM
For appetizers, we've enjoyed the crab cakes, mussels, tuna, and the shrimp. All have been excellent.

For the main course, I've got to say that the potato wrapped snapper is not my favorite. The best entre I've ever eaten here was the scallops. Incredible.

I've also had the tuna loin, salmon, mahi...
We stick to the fish at this place, and usually go with a special (assuming there is one that night).
Don't know how adventurous you are while dining - occasionally there will be some different specials offered.
I'm a big fan of fish, and a huge fan of this place. If it's just a pair of you, try a seat at the kitchen counter - can be loads of fun with the occasional "sample" coming your way from the kitchen...

(And thanks to Jym it's harder than ever to get a seat here as a walk-up!)

PetefromRI
08-09-2008, 11:31 AM
We are very adventurous when it comes to food,not in an Andrew Zimmerman kind of way,but we do like to try new things.We're big seafood fans and it is just my bride and myself.I've been thinking about requesting a seat at the kitchen counter,we heard that it was fun.Great ideas so far,keep em' comming.By the way,is Snapper very mild like Flounder,or is it stronger?

Natazu
08-09-2008, 06:54 PM
We are very adventurous when it comes to food,not in an Andrew Zimmerman kind of way,but we do like to try new things.We're big seafood fans and it is just my bride and myself.I've been thinking about requesting a seat at the kitchen counter,we heard that it was fun.Great ideas so far,keep em' comming.By the way,is Snapper very mild like Flounder,or is it stronger?

There is a light, mild snapper called yellowtail that's pretty close to flounder. Flying Fish serves red snapper which is closer to the consistency, moderateness (is that a word?), and texture of grouper or mahi.