PDA

View Full Version : PFQR or CBR

readytogo2
08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
We are planning a trip for Feb 09. We have always stayed at a Value we decided we would like to try a moderate. The question is which one? We were thinking CBR or POFQ. I would be myself, DH and DD (14). Any reccomendations??:confused:

Daddy Mouse
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
We had the same dilemma. We chose POFQ because of its size and ambiance is more to our liking. CBR is being refurbished and the pictures we saw look awsome. They do have larger rooms which mat factor in to your decision. See what everyone else likes and make your decision. I do not think you can go wrong with either resort.

readytogo2
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
one other thing. any big difference between POFQ and POR? buses, eating, pools?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
There are some subtle differences between POR and POFQ:

-POR is more spread out, but it gives you 2 options (alligator bayou or the mansions). We've stayed at both and although room theming and size are extremely comparable, I prefered the feel of POR to FQ.

-Buses: advantage FQ. Both PO resorts share the same buses. I believe in POR the bus makes 4 stops and at FQ it only makes the 1, and I think in general FQ you are 1st on/off.

-Food: I think advantage POR. Although the FQ has the beignets, the FQ has a much smaller food court area, and there is no sit down dining, while over at POR you have Boatwrights.

Pools: I'd give advantage to POR. Both main pools, Old Man River at POR and Doubloon Lagoon at POFQ are very comperable. The advantage taht POR has is that there are quiet pools, which I don't think FQ has, or at FQ there isn't as many or located as conveniently.

POFQ was the first moderate (and first Disney resort overall) that we stayed at, so I have a soft spot for it, but in 2007 we stayed at POR, and imo, I prefered POR. I liked the way it was laid out, very friendly grounds to walk around and I think the theming is a little nicer.

The good thing is, the two resorts are close enough that you can walk from one to the other if there is something one offers that the other doesn't, so in that sense you can't go wrong no matter what you choose.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

FriendsofMickey
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I have done both. I liked both, but prefer POFQ. I think it will come down to a personal preference.

What I liked about POFR:
*It seems closer to MK to me. When we were at CBR it seemed to take about 25 minutes to get to MK. It only takes about 15 minutes from POFQ.
* POFQ is much smaller. Closer to the food, drinks in the morning.
* I also prefered the atmosphere.

(My girls at two weeks shy of 3, LOVED the bedspreads at CBR).

That said, my sister and her family love CBR.
*They like the "beach" and hammocks.

* They like the pool better (she said something like they were open later... I never noticed, we believe in spending all day at the parks and going to sleep when we get back with our little ones). We usually only get one day that we swim.

So, I suggest you look on line at the rooms and descriptions and go from there.

Wanted to add, I have stayed in Dixie Landing/POR more than anywhere else (always at the AB). Hands down, I would stay at POFQ, then CBR, before staying at the AB again. Though I would try the Mansions again. Dh says NO way, he wants the smaller resort (he has done most of the running to get drinks, ... since the girls came along).

mdricks
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Given your time of visit I would be concerned about the rehab at CBR. If you are a pool family I think the main pool at CBR will be closed.

In general I like POFQ better than CBR. That may very well change post rehab but the intimate nature of FQ really hits home for me. I don't mind the lack of TS restaurant (Shutters is foul IMO :sick:) the bar and the water taxi to DTD is a real +.

Don't get me wrong... we loved our stay at CBR and would do it over a value any day. Just like FQ better.

Darbylew
08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
We have done both and like them both. It is a
hard choice to make. I know whichever one you
choose you will be happy and have a wonderful
time. :mickey:

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
POFQ is the nicer resort. It is smaller and easier to negotiate. The bus is dedicated to POFQ and Riverside. That is it. CBR is very big. Bus service is slower, I think. I liked the food court better at POFQ. It is quieter. Another advantage is, being able to take the boat over to DTD. It's great. Go on line and look at the rooms so you can compare them. The pool at POFQ is great too. Then again, the choice you make will be the right one.:thumbsup:

garymacd
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
We've stayed at both and really like POFQ for the size, the theme and the beignets.

RockinRollerMom
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I have stayed at both and another strong vote for POFQ. I liked it much better. I liked the theming of FQ better. I also liked that the resort was small. You are in close walking distance to everything. The boatride to DtD is a huge plus.

LudwigVonDrake
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I just came back from French Quarter and I plan on staying there again next year. The buses were fine EXCEPT for one 45 minute wait at MGM (sorry!) and a 40 minute wait at AK. Other than that I had a great time :mickey:

Dsnygirl
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Given your time of visit I would be concerned about the rehab at CBR. If you are a pool family I think the main pool at CBR will be closed.

Just a quick note -- the pool at CBR is supposed to be done by the end of September, with some recent posts stating it possibly being done earlier, maybe even by the end of August. So, if a new pool is to your liking and the rest of the resort looks good to you, I'd say go for CBR! (We're going in December and are planning on CBR, but may go POFQ if the specials send us that way. I don't think you can go wrong either way, honestly! :thumbsup:)

mrs.jacksparrow
08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi! :mickey: Thanks to all these great reviews I just booked a last minute trip to POFQ!

We leave Sept 3 for four nights!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!:party:

disneyworld55925592
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
excellent choice you will have a great time POFQ is simply charming :cloud9: