PDA

View Full Version : Sea Raycers

the other micki
08-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Is there anywhere on intercot that I can find info. on sea raycers? I looked at info central but couldn't find anything. TIA! :mickey:

the other micki
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Has anyone ever ridden these? How much does it cost?

wonderalice23
08-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh I love these! They are about $30 for a half hour if I remember correctly - and we usually get a discount with our AP. Its really neat and fun, especially to view the MK from the lake!

RBrooksC
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
These things are great. I actually enjoyed going over the aqueduct between Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon.

However, I loved going as fast as those boats go and then turning the boat all the way to port or starboard. You can get great views of all the resorts on the monorail line and the great view of WL from the lake.

One can also see the old River Country and Discovery Island.

I wish I had the boat for an extra 1/2 hour.

Also the freedom of being able to go where you want to go. You can get the same views from the resort boats but the freedom of being able to stop and the boat and go as fast as the boat will go is a great thing.

I was actually surprised there weren't more people using the boats. I saw only two other boats when I took out my boat last year.

Yes, this was in September when the crowds are low but it still was surprising.

wendy*darling
08-08-2008, 06:02 PM
We have done these a number of times.
When the kids were little- we each took one DS into our 2 Sea Raycers (water mice at the time).

We did Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon a few years ago. The rules are stricter there- but the boat are set to go a little faster, and you have a huge amount of area to cover. My older son could get his own boat since he had a drivers license, but my 16yo had to share with me (not old enough to drive in NJ). He was allowed to drive, but had to have a licensed driver with him. That slowed the boat down enormously.
We still had fun though.

On the smaller lakes, the boats go slower and kids as young as 12 (I think) can go out on their own (with parent consent).

Here is a link to the Sea Rayers (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/boating.asp)in InfoCentral. Not sure if the prices are still the same, since prices all over are in the process of increasing- but they are probably pretty close.

Artsake
08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
If you book a magic your way package I believe you receive a coupon for 90 minutes of a sea racer at the price of 60 minutes.

Tink#64
08-13-2008, 01:00 AM
This is definitely on my to do list for our next trip! I think it would be really cool to run around where you want to go at your own speed! Where would we need to rent these to be able to see the old River Country & Discovery Island?

Daddy Mouse
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
We do these everytime we go and always had a blast. Several yaers ago there was a height restriction for the water mice DS 12 and DD 11 both wanted to drive by themselves. DD was a couple inches taller than DS. When they went to rent the water mice DS was about 1/2 inch too short. DD on the other hand was tall enough to drive by herself. DS was upset and told the CMs "You wouldn't let her drive one if you knew her." I was cracking up knowing DS was regulated to drive the water mice with me riding in it. DS only had to live with being the shorter older brother for another 5 years. No permanent damage or animals were harmed during the "Vertically Challenged Years."

Dracula766
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
If you book a magic your way package I believe you receive a coupon for 90 minutes of a sea racer at the price of 60 minutes.

That is correct. I just got my travel documents last week and the voucher was included. I usually only go out for an hour so it will be nice to have an extra 30 minutes on the water.

This is definitely on my to do list for our next trip! I think it would be really cool to run around where you want to go at your own speed! Where would we need to rent these to be able to see the old River Country & Discovery Island?

The boat docks at either the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge will put you the closest to these spots.

:boat:

Nurse Kim
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
My kids can't wait to ride these. Our problem may be that my DH and I are the only two licensed adults going but we have 3 kids. I have read where one thing you have to be a licensed driver and another you don't. What's the difference.

Tink#64
08-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info Dracula766! We can't wait to do this! :boat:

goofy-4-disney
08-14-2008, 03:19 AM
I LOVE driving around the lakes in the water-mice. I have done them at the CBR, Poly, and the WL. At the CBR I don't believe me or my sister were of driving age, but we had our parents consent and they paid our way (this may not be true, but i think it is). The experience at the Poly and WL was far superior to that of the CBR. The reasons for this were more open water space, faster water-mice (due to more open water) and the views that you got from these areas. As far as I remember the prices are uniform no matter where in the world you rent them from. It is a great experience and some of my best memories have come from riding around the lakes in the water-mice.

As far as where the best place to view the Discovery Island/River Country you really could rent from either the Contemporary, WL or Poly. I've done this from both the WL and Poly and the time restraints were never an issue for either one. Enjoy!!!!:mickey:

joonyer
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Can these boats be rented at Fort Wilderness also?

Daddy Mouse
08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I came across the following. It could have changed since January.

A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5 feet tall to drive a Sea Raycer

There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs

All drivers 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a release.

All drivers 18 years of age or older must provide valid ID with birth date.

In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a Walt Disney World Resort ID or valid driver's license.

the other micki
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all the information! :rocks:

This sounds like something that my DH and DD 14 would like to do. So...you can't rent them at MK, but must go to a resort like CR or Poly? They were first brought to my attention because of the voucher. However, do you think that 90 minutes is too long? Is 30 minutes too short? Has anyone ever rented them at DTD? How was that experience?

Oh, one more thing...Do you have to reserve them in advance?

goofy-4-disney
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
For me I found that 30 minutes was to short at the WL and Poly resort areas and that 60 minutes was a pretty good amount of time. 90 minutes might be to long, depending on how much you really want to see. You do not need to reserve them in advance. All the places that I have rented them from have had more than enough available throughout the entire day. I'm not even sure that they would take reservations for these, more of a first come first serve basis.

Tink#64
08-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Great info! Thanks everyone! This is a definite must do for our next trip! :rocks:

Figaro
08-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Amusing as it is, also, they are the fastest boats on the lake, next to our Lake Patrol Boston Whalers. They are even faster than the cast member/specialty cruise 25ft Sun Tracker Pontoons. I used to love when I'd go on lunch, i'd take my first 1/2hr and eat and then the second to take the Raycer onto the lake and have some fun. To see all of Bay Lake and Seven Seas, you really only need 30-45 minutes.