PDA

View Full Version : comfortable kids shoes

PrincessJadesMom
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable yet affordable type of kids shoe for wearing at WDW? My daughter wore her Crocs the last time we were there and by the end of the day she was crying because her feet hurt so badly. I checked into StrideRite shoes but they are too expensive. She is 7 years old and I don't know what to do for her. Thanks!

donnah77
08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I find that Stride Rite makes a great kids shoe, and you can find them online for less sometimes. But a good alternative is Payless. Their kids shoes are actually quite good and you can find decent sneakers there as well. Just make sure she wears them for a few weeks before you go so they are properly broken in. Have fun! Donna

Imagineer1981
08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I find that Stride Rite makes a great kids shoe, and you can find them online for less sometimes. But a good alternative is Payless. Their kids shoes are actually quite good and you can find decent sneakers there as well. Just make sure she wears them for a few weeks before you go so they are properly broken in. Have fun! Donna

Funny enough Payless and StrideRite are owned by the same company, however they are not the same. I make shoes for Payless for a 3rd party vendor, kids shoes infact, and Payless shoes are made with the cheapest materials on the market. Do your child a favor and buy StrideRite shoes or another branded shoe at like Famous Footwear because buying shoes at Payless/Target/Walmart, are just going to kill their feet

Gottaluvgoof
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I have found New Balance to be the most comfortable shoe for me. My kids are Nike people, so that's what they wear. They never seem to complain. I would say most important is just something that fits properly and is properly broken in before you leave on your trip.

Daddy Mouse
08-06-2008, 06:57 PM
DW like good Adidas shoes I like New Balance. Get a qaulity pair though and make sure they are well broken in,

tys_mommy
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
My kids wear the same shoes that they wear at home - we live on a farm and they spend a lot of time outside putting some miles on their soles. The 2 boys and I will be wearing (and have worn before) primarily our crocs but these are our shoes of choice at home. DD and DH will wear (and have worn) tennis shoes (New Balance and Nike) b/c that's what they wear at home.

I don't think the brand really matters it's more that the shoes are broke in and comfortable.

Cheloconnell
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Skechers makes some very comfortable shoes. I have a sneaker clog combo and it is the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. In fact, this season, I went to my local Bob's and bought 4 pairs to keep me in supply. I just bought my son 4 pairs for the upcoming school year and he loves them. He doesn't want to wear anything else :mickey: