PDA

View Full Version : DVD Release question

DisneyWhirled
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Anyone know when Beauty and The Beast is schedule to be re-released on DVD? I have a VHS copy and it seems like this has gone longer than 7 years for it to come out of the archives.

Maybe I missed the re-release?

chrisb26
08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I think Beauty and The Beast was released on DVD in 2002 and from what I have seen people talking about they have said it will be released again in 2012 which is quite a ways away. So the best bet might be ebay although it will probably be used.

DizneyRox
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes, you missed it. I suspect it won't be back out for some time. They really overproduced the last one, expecting HUGE demand for it. That demand just never came so I am going to guess it's in for another 10 years.

eBay is an option, or some other used source. Might even find some sellers on Amazon.

DisneyWhirled
08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks so much! I will try to find it somewhere.

Guess I was busy in 2002 having a baby and at the same time getting laid off from my job!

DizNee143
08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
this whole vault thing for disney movies is soooo stupid! and rather annoying!
god forbid you want to buy/watch one that is in the vault now..
such as you the OP..
they should really rethink this whole dumb vault thing..

chrisb26
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
this whole vault thing for disney movies is soooo stupid! and rather annoying!
god forbid you want to buy/watch one that is in the vault now..
such as you the OP..
they should really rethink this whole dumb vault thing..

I agree. I have had lots of times where I have wanted a Disney Movie only to find it was in their vault, and wasn't going to be released any time soon. The only way to get it is used and often times its expensive or not easy to find.