PDA

View Full Version : Curbside baggage check at MCO?

Gregandmel
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know if you can do curbside baggage check in at ORlando? We are flying back to KC from our trip using Southwest, which is NOT on the list of airlines where you can check your baggage at the hotel. The thought of standing in line on a Saturday afternoon for a really long time is NOT the way I want to end our magical trip! :-) Just curious to know. Our flight leaves at 1:20pm, so I'm expecting a heavy crowd of people. AND - Columbus Day is Monday so it may be even MORE crowded. Thanks for any advice.

faline
08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
We're big fans of curbside checkin and have used this in Orlando!

Gregandmel
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh sweet - so they have it? Does it cost, and where at can you do this? I've NEVER done curbside check in.

DumboMom
08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
We have used the curbside baggage check through Southwest on our trip this past December to Disney. It cost us nothing but we did tip the guy who got tags on our bags, moved them around and checked them in.
Everything was very quick. :mickey:

DumboMom
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Also, Magical Express drops you off at your terminal and when the items get off the bus the Southwest attendant was right there to help us. :mickey:

thumperbug
08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
DumboMom, is the curbside for Southwest something new? Everytime Magic Express drops us off at our terminal we always seem to have to take the elevator to the thrid floor and then lug our luggage all the way down to the Southwest counter. I have never seem SW attendents when we get dropped off.

That would be super awesome if we could do curbside.

faline
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
We have needed to use a skycap to move luggage for us when being dropped off by Magical Express. We've just had the skycap go outside the building to the curbside check-in rather than bring us to the inside check-in area.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
We are going in september with
southwest. What is curbside and skycap? Since we are travelling with 3 small children this sounds like it would make our trip home much easier.

coloradowendyl
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I have flown Southwest in and out of Orlando 4 times in the last year and done curbside each time. I find it very fast and efficent...probably more so than curbside I have done anywhere else including Denver International which is pretty good usually (my point of departure). Our last trip...we had 5 travelling and 5 bags to check...we were done and in the terminal in about 5 minutes.

Wendy