PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Virginia Beach Hotel?

wilcat
08-06-2008, 11:21 AM
For those of you who have stayed on the beach in Virginia Beach, what was your favorite hotel and why? We are looking to go next May and want a nice beach hotel with possibly a 1 bdrm suite. We have never been there so any other tips would be appreciated also.

r4kids
08-06-2008, 12:31 PM
We made the mistake in going to VA beach last summer. It is not a nice area. We stayed in a nice hotel but the surrounding area and locals were, ummm, to put it politely, less than desirable. If you can try for Rehoboth, Bethany or a North or South Carolina beach. They are MUCH nicer. We live only a few hours from VA beach and will never go back, We will head to Rehoboth form now on. Ocean City is nice too but LOTS of teens. Not a family beach.

mreinventtt
08-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi. My family and I were at Va beach for the first time about 3 weeks ago. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree resort. It was nice. It was right on the beach. You should check it out online.
Missy

Clay Ransone
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Any of the Marriott's at Virginia Beach are pretty nice. The Hilton is new and is super nice. If you are looking for a suite you may want to try the Turtle Cay Resort. I live here so I have not stayed at Turtle Cay but it looks very nice. The higher the street numbers of your hotel the more peaceful and more relaxed your stay will be. Atlantic Avenue is the where you want to be.

biodtl
08-06-2008, 10:26 PM
We made the mistake in going to VA beach last summer. It is not a nice area. We stayed in a nice hotel but the surrounding area and locals were, ummm, to put it politely, less than desirable.
I disagree - we go to VA Beach often and we like it a lot there. There are tons of things to do - one of our favorites is the Virginia Aquarium.

As for the hotels, there are some nice ones, but I haven't stayed in many. We have stayed in the Best Western a couple times simply because we had a large group and they accommodated us. It was fine - nothing to write home about, and the hallways are hot, but the rooms were clean, there's a pretty good sized fridge, all the rooms are oceanfront, and the employees were nice.

The Hilton is very nice, buy more expensive, for course. if you can swing it, I would recommend it - we have gone there many times for drinks and dinner and love it.