PDA

View Full Version : ME with 2 children

fab4nczc
08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
We will be traveling in Sept 08 ( yeah it is almost here). We are going to be using the ME and am wondering how long it takes to get from the airport to POR. We have a DS 4 and a DS 1and I am just worried about the flight and then a long bus ride. Are there many stops along the way. Thank you for your comments.:captain:

Strmchsr
08-06-2008, 11:04 AM
It's hard to say exactly how long it will take, but once you're on the bus it's around a 35-45 min trip to the resorts. As for how many stops, that depends on how many other guests there are, but no one bus usually makes more than 3 or so stops, max.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-06-2008, 01:07 PM
The buses have tv's that play disney clips. I don't think they will be too bored. The trip did not seem long.

disneygeek84
08-06-2008, 01:10 PM
They do show a video while you ride to your resort, so your DS's will have something to watch while you ride. It's a Welcome to Disney! video, but it has music and the characters, so it might keep your children entertained while they're riding.

DumboMom
08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
My dd is 5 and my ds is 3. On our last trip this past December they loved ME. We also stayed at POR. The bus ride took about 35 min and stopped at CS, POFQ and then POR.
The bus has a video which gets the kids really excited about their upcoming trip. Actually I love watching it because it gets you into the Disney spirit! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
We traveled with year and half old twins and it was awesome. The windows are huge. There is so much to look at and the video is great. I can't imagine trying to get there any other way now with all our luggage and young kids. Its so nice not having to deal with your luggage until you get there.

disneyfan328
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I guess it all depends on how many people ect as when we went last year Sept we stayed at POR and we were the firsst stop off the bus. It wasn't long of a ride at all and that little video they show and the bus drivers humor made it seem like it was only a 10 min. ride. It was probably about 1/2 hour or so but really it wasn't bad at all. POR and POFQ are sister resorts so they are very close to each other.

SAHDad
08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
We went in Jan with DS (4) and DD (1), and they were fine with it. I think we may have dozed, but the kids were loving every minute of it.

Once the bus got moving, that is. The DD wasn't happy about having to be on a seat in a stationary bus - she wanted to move! DS just wanted to get going to Disney, but I could distract him with "I spy" kind of games.

fab4nczc
08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
thank you to everyone who responded. Just knowing that there is a tv on the bus will make it a magical trip.:mickey:

biodtl
08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
In addition to the TVs, sometimes you get really great bus driver (like we did last time) who will engage the passengers in all kinds of fun.

mook3y
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
the youngest range we have travelled with and went on DME was 1,3 and 4. The 2 older kids were so excited that the tv's with disney characters talking about Disneyworld was more than enough to keep them occupied for the trip. The 1yo was glad to be off the plane and was very occupied just checking out all the new stuff around her. :)