PDA

View Full Version : Who was your childhood crush ?

PittFan
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
As we were watching TV , someone in the room ask who everyone's childhood celebrity crush was ? After ROFL, we finally answered. Mine was Molly Ringwald, my DW's was Shaun Cassidy & my brother's was Kristy McNichol (remember her ?). Who was yours ? :blush:

Mandy Mouse
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
just a side note Molly Ringwald went to my highschool :mickey:

SBETigg
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
My first was Jimmy (Jack Wild) from Puf-n-stuf, but I was sooo young. I also loved David Cassidy (I was four, I probably wanted a big brother), Donny Osmond, Tony DiFranco, Shaun Cassidy, and then, at age fourteen when I was so much more grown up and serious, Simon LeBon from Duran Duran.

PittFan
08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
just a side note Molly Ringwald went to my highschool :mickey:

I knew I should have transferred schools. :fworks: :thumbsup:

disneymom15
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Mine was Donny Osmond. I had a poster of him on my wall, and if I remember correctly, he had on purple mickey mouse socks.

Nini
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
My first was Jimmy (Jack Wild) from Puf-n-stuf

He was one of mine too! But before him (I think) was Davy Jones. Those are the earliest I remember.

Denise :mickey:

MrsAndre
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
My first crush was Aquaman...don't ask, I can't explain, I was probably all of 5 or 6.
Amazingly, I had crushes on every Monkee but Davy Jones. Mike, Micky and Peter were way hotter than Davy.

DisneyWhirled
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Oh! So many crushes!!

In high school it was Jordan and Jon Knight from the New Kids on the Block.

Before that, I remember loooving Michael Jackson! Pre-weirdo, of course! This was when he first came out.

RedSoxFan
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
My childhood crushes were: Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, Vince Van Patten, Donny Osmond and Christopher Knight.

crazypoohbear
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Davy Jones!!!

But before him and I don't remember this my mother told me that when I was about 2 or 3 I had a crush on Tony Curtis, or as I called him Tony Tortoise :blush:

I also had a crush on David Cassidy, then I saw him about a month ago in Boston singing, Well, trying to sing :( Talk about having dreams ripped at the seams. OMG, I think he was high as a kite, couldn't sing, couldn't remember the words to the song and he couldn't speak. What a total disappointment

PittFan
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I almost forgot about Bo Derek ... :secret:

trudisneygal
08-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block...or NKOTB for those of you who were die hard fans (like me:blush:). AND BTW my sis and I are going to see them in CONCERT for their reunion tour!!! I used to have a huge poster of him in my room...along with everything else NKOTB!

Dakota Rose
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
My childhood crush was Brian Wilson. He's 35 years my senior. But, my mom is a HUGE Beach Boys' fan and has all their albums. As a kid, I would play her albums and stare dreamily at his picture. I had NO idea that those pictures were 20 years old. I told everyone I was going to marry him. When I was 8, I bought my first cassette tape with my own money. It was a Beach Boys' tape. When I was 12, my mom took me to a Beach Boys concert, but she hadn't told me that Brian was no longer touring with the band. When they came out on stage (we had 3rd row seats), I positively bawled that he wasn't with them.

Jeff G
08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Like so many other young men growing up in the 80's mine was Alyssa Milano.

McLiberal8
08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Jonathan Taylor Thomas! I was in LOVE with him.. or Lance Bass from NSYNC. Wow, I am really showing my young age. lol

tinkerbellybutton
08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
As we were watching TV , someone in the room ask who everyone's childhood celebrity crush was ? After ROFL, we finally answered. Mine was Molly Ringwald, my DW's was Shaun Cassidy & my brother's was Kristy McNichol (remember her ?). Who was yours ?
Another vote for Shaun Cassidy :blush:

at age fourteen when I was so much more grown up and serious, Simon LeBon from Duran Duran.
Mine were Nick Rhodes......and Rick Springfield :blush:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Goodness it must be late, why am I posting this, but more importantly why am I ADMITTING this:

Candice Cameron from Full House

:blush::blush::blush:

Chris :hatter:

Diznee4Me
08-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Catherine Bach, the original Daisy Duke! :cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
08-06-2008, 08:55 AM
My earliest crushes were Jack Wild, Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy. In middle school I had it bad for the Bay City Rollers and Eric Faulkner was my favorite. At 15 I discovered the Babys, and lead singer John Waite has been my longest crush, as I still love his voice and think he is still a total hottie. What a wonderful trip down "childhood crush lane" this has been. :heart:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I am LOL at the other's who picked a band member from Duran Duran, because mine was their bass player, John Taylor....okay, so we've had Simon LeBon, John Taylor, and Nick Rhodes, if we get two more picking Andy Taylor or Roger Taylor we'll have the whole band:laughing::rocker::piano::drummer::rocker::sin g:

JessicaRabbit
08-06-2008, 10:37 AM
When I was a kid, I had a HUGE crush on Randy Mantooth who played a paramedic on the t.v. show Emergency! I had pictures of him all over my room and even had a HUGE fight with my brother when he somehow procured an autographed picture and would not give it to me (I ended up with it later - I think I gave him my allowance for an entire year).

When I was a teen I had crush on Steve Perry, the lead singer of Journey. To this day I listen to Journey songs when I need a lift, as I still love his voice.

I also had quite a few pictures of Al Pacino gracing my room when I was a teen. Guess I like skinny guys with dark hair - I even married one (everyone tells me my DH looks like Keanu Reeves.....)

drummerboy
08-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Time for the old guys to check in. My biggest crush was Annette from the original Mouseketeers. I think I was about eight and she was about twelve--guess I was into older women. :mickey: I had a thing for Hailey Mills for a while too.

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Wow, I had a lot...George Harrison, David Cassidy,Dennis Cole, Randy Mantooth, I know there were a few more but I really can't remember.

Dennis Cole was an actor in the TV series The Bearcats. These guys drove a Studz Bearcat and Dennis Cole's character wore knee high moccasins. I wanted those moccasins!! I'm surprised I still remember the show!!!

MNNHFLTX
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
My earliest crushes were Jack Wild, Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy.You can tell we are from the same era, Donna, because those were my early crushes too! :heart: Especially David Cassidy--I was glued to the TV every Friday night when the Partridge Family show was on and I still have their album ("I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream....") :silly:

And I'm also kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I also had a crush on Fran Tarkenton (who was quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings back then) in my early teen years. Not really sure why--he was probably old enough to be my father at that time, lol. I guess it was sports hero worship. :)

ChipnDaleGal
08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
You can tell we are from the same era, Donna, because those were my early crushes too! :heart: Especially David Cassidy--I was glued to the TV every Friday night when the Partridge Family show was on and I still have their album ("I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream....") :silly:

I was glued to the TV too! David had the best hair and smile combo ever!! I have a couple Partridge Family CD's and believe it or not Dakota has them on her Ipod. She loves them!!

jillluvsdisney
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=JessicaRabbit;1708009]When I was a kid, I had a HUGE crush on Randy Mantooth who played a paramedic on the t.v. show Emergency!

I did too. How funny. I am still a sucker for brown eyes.:blush:

Fred Grandy who played Gopher on The Love Boat and Shaun Cassidy.

DisneyDog
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees. I even got to see them in concert on a reunion tour in the 80s. I should have known I would marry a drummer! (However, my husband is a much better drummer than Mickey. Ha ha.)

AuntDJ
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
As a kid, The BeeGees graced my walls...mostly Barry ( I think he is my parents age, but I didn't care...HOT); Leif Garrett; shaun cassidity

At some point I was in love with Kris Kristofferson...I loved a star and born!

As a teenager, it was Tom Cruise (Top Gun Days); Johnny Depp(21 Jump Street); I was a Donnie Wahlberg girl....

oh, let's not forget the "Fonz"....that would be between Barry Gibb and Tom Cruise in terms of my age.

DJ

kakn7294
08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I LOVED Craig Simpson of the NHF - I was devistated when he was traded to Edmonton. To this day my sister tells everyone that I didn't come out of my room for a week! I also loved Bruce Boxleitner and Harrison Ford.

Caroleh
08-06-2008, 06:18 PM
And I'm also kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I also had a crush on Fran Tarkenton (who was quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings back then) in my early teen years. Not really sure why--he was probably old enough to be my father at that time, lol. I guess it was sports hero worship. :)

In my very late teens, early 20's it was
Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I saw him playing in his rookie year and that's all it took...I became a Steeler fan. Being from Iowa, I was suppose to be a Viking or Packer fan!!!:blush:

tinkerbelle75
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh, let's see... these are in order of my ascending age....the ones with stars are still my faves:blush:
Bo Duke
Erik Estrada
Fonzie
John Travolta
BOTH the Wahlberg brothers** (Calvin Klein ads anyone?):thedolls:
Jon Bon Jovi
Duff McKagan
Rikki Rockett
The Nelson Twins
Steven Tyler***
And my all time favorite:Ian Astbury*****:blush:
(yeah, I'm a rock chick!)

conorsmom2000
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
When I was a kid, I had a HUGE crush on Randy Mantooth who played a paramedic on the t.v. show Emergency! ....)
Sue, that made me laugh because my sister had pictures of him up in our room as well! I think my crushes on Shaun Cassidy and Rick Springfield really stemmed from her, as she had their posters up all over (and she was older and controled the wall space!) :D

I was kind of "The Outsiders" generation....C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe..... :cloud9:

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, the question was "childhood" crush, so that would have been Jimmy from the original Mickey Mouse Club.

Long after that, it was Tom Netherton from the Lawrence Welk Show.:drama:

2Epcot
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Lots of crushes over the years, but I would say my oldest childhood crushes would have been Kristy McNichol from the TV show "Family" in the mid 70s, and Brooke Shields, after "Blue Lagoon" in the 80s.

drummerboy
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, the question was "childhood" crush, so that would have been Jimmy from the original Mickey Mouse Club.
Funny you should mention him. This thread caused me to look up a site that talks about all the original Mouseketeers, including Annette, Jimmy, Roy, etc. and there was a lengthy artilce aobut Jimmy on there.

Melanie
08-07-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm another one who loved Shaun Cassidy. Watched the Hardy Boys, listened to his albums, Tiger Beat and Teen Beat posters of him all over my walls, etc.

I easily recall a picture of myself from one fine Easter morning in the 70s where I'm holding one of his albums I'd just received in my Easter basket. It was the one that had 'Do You Believe in Magic?' on it. I have a huge smile on my face!

disneydeb
08-07-2008, 06:50 AM
During the Monkees era when everyone was adoring Davy Jones, I idollized Mickey Dolenz//

When people were fawning over Donny Osmond, I had a thing for big brother Merrill.

:D

PirateLover
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
My first celebrity crush was definitely Zack Morris! Not Mark Paul Gosselar, but Zack Morris himself, the character. In my tween years I had huge crushes on every famous person under the sun, but the main one was J.C. Chasez from N Sync. Then as a teen it was Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots.

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Paul Anka of course!! Got to meet him when I was thirteen at the Radio Shack at the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA. They snuck him in the back door of Woolworth's and my Mom got to meet him too. I'll never wash my hand again!:cloud9:

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Post Script: I must be ancient!:haha:

citizensnoopy
08-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jonathan Brandis. :cloud9:

PittFan
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
My first celebrity crush was definitely Zack Morris! Not Mark Paul Gosselar, but Zack Morris himself, the character. In my tween years I had huge crushes on every famous person under the sun, but the main one was J.C. Chasez from N Sync. Then as a teen it was Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots.

My DD has a crush on Zack Morris as well ... her crush came from watching reruns ... :funny:

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I had to laugh at the mention of somebody of the Nelson Twins, my huge crush as a teenager was their daddy, Ricky Nelson, the original Teen Idol. When I was 41 years old we went to the Orange County Fair where Rick was appearing. I made some kind of remark about him still looking really good and my hubby had a fit. Well, being me that was all it took to get me going and the next thing you know, I bought a huge poster of him. I took it home and put it up on the door in my kitchen going out to the garage. It wasn't removed until 5 years later when we sold the house and my husband has never made any snide remarks again when I've mentioned a man's good looks.:D

wdwgrl377
08-11-2008, 10:12 AM
When i was growing up it was Joey Lawrence. I can remember seeing him on "Gimme a Break" and had to watch every show b/c of him! LOL

Then I liked Mark-Paul Gosselaar also...and then when Nsync came out it was J.C. - ALL the way and still is!! :D And I'm in my 30's now!

Tinkermom
08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Rick Springfield - had every album he ever made and posters all over my room and watched General Hospital every day.

I also had crushes on Scott Baio and Mark Harmon. Anyone remember the show Mark was on? I believe it was called 240 Robert. He played a paramedic. :cloud9:

Mousemates
08-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Mary Ann from Gilligans Isalnd - for her wholesome girl next door look

Farrah Fawcett - for her not so wholesome "girl next door look"...yep I had "the poster" and was the envy of many a sixth grader at Pi Beta Phi elementary school.

Way too funny....cute thread.

c&d
08-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Paul McCartney. :cloud9:

BeccaO
08-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Ricky Schroeder from Silver Spoons! Wow!! What a babe!!!!:blush:

prprincess
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I had a few: Andy Gibb, Donny Osmond, Ricky Shroeder, Ralph Macchio, and all the boys in Menudo.

DisneyOtaku
08-12-2008, 09:29 PM
When I was three years old, my father decided it was a perfect age for me to first watch "Star Wars" and from there, Luke Skywalker became my biggest crush ever and it lasted well...to this day, really. But when I was 7-8, I could have sworn that he, Han, and Leia would have come flying down any day to pick me up in the Millinium Falcon and I would go fight the empire like they were.

So while all my friends were drooling over New Kids on the Block, I had my handsome Jedi Knight :thumbsup:

Stan
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
My biggest crush was Annette from the original Mouseketeers. I think I was about eight and she was about twelve--guess I was into older women. I had a thing for Hailey Mills for a while too.

Amen and amen. :D Glad to know I'm not the only old coot around here. From around the same time... Laura Petrie, Samantha, the original Ellie May, and all 5 or 6 versions of Billy Jo, Betty Jo, and Bobby Jo (anyone care for a dip in the water tower? :blush:).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I had a few but Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits was probably my first crush. And I still have the hots for him, he still looks great!

IloveDisney71
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
At various stages in my younger years I had crushes on the following:
Peter Brady
Robin (from Batman - what was I thinking?)
John Stamos
Rob Lowe
Ponch (from Chips - yes I'm ashamed!)
Bo Duke
Rick Springfield
John BonJovi
Tom Cruise

PittFan
08-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I can't believe when I started this thread that I forgot to mention Madonna ... early years of course ( Lucky Star, Holiday) :eyes: ... ended up dating alot of wannabe Material Girls .... :funny:

diz_girl
08-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I am LOL at the other's who picked a band member from Duran Duran, because mine was their bass player, John Taylor....okay, so we've had Simon LeBon, John Taylor, and Nick Rhodes, if we get two more picking Andy Taylor or Roger Taylor we'll have the whole band:laughing::rocker::piano::drummer::rocker::sin g:

Another John Taylor fan!

My crushes were the following (and I'm sure that you'll be able to tell my age by them)-
Shaun Cassidy - he was the first crush. He's so dreamy.:cloud9:
Donny Osmond
Andy Gibb
Eric Estrada
John Schneider (Was he Bo or Luke? I think Bo.)
Bruce Boxleitner
John Taylor

Someone mentioned Mark Harmon. Wasn't he on St. Elsewhere?

PittFan
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
My DW chimed in tonight with the BEE GEES ...:rotfl: ... Now I can't get that "Night Fever" song out of my head :bang: