PDA

View Full Version : Water Slide at Poly or BC

hotelhound
08-05-2008, 09:08 PM
My kids love the water slide at the BC but have never stayed at the Poly...the new rooms at the Poly look very nice and I love the thought of being back on the monorail...any thoughts on Stormalong Bay vs the Volcano pool?

disneymajik
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I can't compare the two as we've only stayed at the Poly. The Volcano pool is great with a zero entry and a good water slide that has the benefit of green light when the slide is clear, good for the kids. The only downside to the Volcano pool is it just seems small and can get very crowded during the afternoon. On the other hand nothing beats either being poolside, on the beach, or even in the pool during Wishes!

Good luck with your decision.

goofy-4-disney
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Since your kids have never stayed at the poly they might enjoy something new. But if i were still a kid i'd choose stormalong bay, cant beat the sand bottom.

TammiMcMan
08-06-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't know the ages of your children, but Stormalong Bay is huge. The entrance to the waterslide is on the other side of the public walkway. My daughter was 8 when we stayed there, so I wasn't comfortable with her going back and forth by herself. I would walk her across to the slide entrance, then come back to the pool and wait for her to slide down, then back we'd go. I'm not sure about the Poly pool, but I think you could stay in one spot and have a good view of the kids at all times.

hotelhound
08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
That would be good information to provide...kids are (DDs) 13, 11, and 10 plus DS 4. We have not stayed at either BC or Poly only visited Stormalong Bay as guests of my DF.

Mackflava99
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
The slide at stormalong bay is one of the best outside a water park i have ever seen- its very high, but as stated above, the kids do need to go outside of the pool area to go on it-
I rode it about 10 times with my kids in June and it was terrific.
The pool at stormalong bay is just phenomenal-

As for Poly- i have not been in the pool there for a long time, but we went bye it and the slide looks great- Its definitely a good slide, maybe not as good as BC, but still very good-

<snip>

Mousemates
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
The BC pool is by far the best pool at WDW, your older kids, if the actual pool itself was the only factor in your choice, would choose BC hands down. However, their are a couple things to consider beyond the physical features of the pool/slide...like:

the fact that the kids do have to cross a public walkway that goes all the way from Epcot to the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk and ultimately DS. Probably very,very safe, but with a ten/four year old it might be one of those things that make you unable to completely relax while sitting by the pool (which kind of defeats the purpose of going to the pool).

the view from the pool....while from the BC pool you can see the tops of some of the taller fireworks from illuminations (depending on where you are set up)...the view of the MK and wishes from the poly pool is great.