PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown vs San Angel Inn (non food related)

Gregandmel
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
This is not a question of "how's the food", but rather, which would be better to book if we wanted to see Illuminations? We have a 17 year old and 8 year old (boys) and I've seen posted on these boards that both are good "viewing" places if you are lucky enough to get a decent reservation. I have a 7:40pm at Rose and Crown (with a special note from the reservation person that says you can't request an outdoor patio seat) and that San Angel Inn had plenty of openings, but, again - special note - indoor seating and you can't see Illuminations from indoor. If we decided on San Angel Inn, are there places outside to sit to watch? We are going in October. Any insight from those out there that have gone to either???? Thanks !!! (I have made most of my decisions based on answers from everyone here). Which one has the best atmosphere?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
We love Rose and Crown, it is one the places we eat at every trip!

You won't be able to see Illuminations at all from San Angel Inn, so if that is important to you, definately go with R&C.

Even if you don't get an outside seat, you can go out and watch the fireworks (they will hold your dessert, etc until you're back in).

We also have had the most awesome, friendly service at R&C, it really is just about our favourite at Disney (and we have quite a few British Pubs around home).

SBETigg
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
No, San Angel Inn does not have seating to sit and watch. San Angel Inn's seating is entirely indoor. There is no outdoor seating. That's the quick service restaurant. If you want to watch from that area, your best bet is to dine quick service at the Cantina de San Angel, and get there super early, say around 6 pm, or forget having a seat with a view. If you dine at the San Angel Inn and want to come out and have a seat, you're going to have to eat even earlier, and then plan for snacks and drinks at the Cantina to justify holding your table that long (in short, an almost unworkable plan).

Rose and Crown is THE place to dine if you want to eat with a view of Illuminations. There's no guarantee that you will get a table with a view, but they do have a viewing area and you can leave your table, go there, and come back to finish your meal if need be (something San Angel Inn does not offer).

Faver
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I would suggest R&C too. We've eaten dinner then watched Illuminations from the balcony.

There are places to view Illuminations all around the World Showcase. There is a nice little section, right in front of Mexico. but I'm sure you'd have to stake out a spot, since it does fill up quickly.

We've also watched from Japan, where there are stairs so our view wasn't obstructed.... great views, and not to crowded.