PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat at... CA Grill?

Crow
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
having another meal there in Sept

ElenitaB
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I've been there three times; the last time was in 2003 or 2004. I still dream about the appetizer I had each and every time (because it is soooooo gooooood): Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli! :tasty: :cloud9:

I know we ate other things such as entrees and desserts, but that's ALL I remember! :blush:

luv2BnWDW
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
The pork tenderloin....to die for!!!

bigbabyblues
08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I had the goat-cheese ravioli (could have made a meal out of those..), the pork with polenta, and I don't remember what the dessert is, and it was a wonderful meal!

DH had the ravioli, the filet and I don't remember what else.

mouseketeer mom
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I had the flatbread appetizer, the one with horseradish and red onion and kobe beef I think..and my DH had the spicy sushi app. DH had the buffalo steak, and I had the filet. The kids had the amazing mac and cheese and the steak too. We split a few desserts..something with bananas, something with white choc and coffee I think. Ummmm...

henry.james.s
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Last trip I ate there 3 times..
Entrees:
Brioche Crusted Halibut
Oak-fired Filet of Beef
Seared Veal Loin

A while back there was a Beef Shortribs entree. If this is on the menu you HAVE to get it. It blew me away.
Chef Jens is a master!!

I take the Ferry
08-05-2008, 08:55 PM
The big sushi plate and the grilled pork tenderloin with polenta. Both were phenomenal.

Except, I won't try the squid sushi again. Grody.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

GhostHost999
08-05-2008, 11:33 PM
When I was there last, they had a great ravioli appetizer...really top flight.

dixielandings
08-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Kudos, PP, for the use of the word "grody" - haven't heard that one in a while! :thumbsup:

May I suggest the filet of beef? Outstanding. I've had this every time we've been to CG.

Another vote for the goat cheese ravioli - it sounded disgusting to me, but I loved it. The first time we went there was in the fall and they had a carrot-ginger soup on the menu - also outstanding.

My dad also swears by the porkloin.

And we always a glass or bottle of wine - wonderful wine list.

Say hi to Bridget, the manager. She's great.

Natazu
08-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Items at California Grill:
7. The Cheese Board
6. Oak Fired Asparagus
5. Snake in the Grass
4. Valrhona Chocolate Cake
3. Any seasonal flatbread (duck, blt, rotisserie chicken)
2. Filet Mignon
1. Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli

Septbride2002
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
The pork tenderloin is amazing but I am partian to the fillet as well. The Goat Cheese Ravioli is good - but if you are a sushi person then order some sushi. It is amazing!

Desert - Molten Lava Cake - trust me.

~Amanda

SurferStitch
08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Very often I get their filet. It's delicious. I also get the scallops when available.

Their goat cheese ravioli app is wonderful. DH has gotten the roasted corn soup several times, and loved it.

We also love their flatbreads. I've often had a mushroom flatbread, their triple cheese and garlic flatbread, and their BBQ chicken.....all are delicious!

Any dessert I've ever had has been amazing!