PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat at...Narcoossees?

Crow
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
having a meal there next month for the first time

TexasPrincessAurora
08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I usually have the surf & turf. The butternut squash soup is amazing. The key lime creme brulee is fantastic. The service is always wonderful!

Natazu
08-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Items at Narcoossee’s
7. French Press Coffee
6. Pan-seared Snapper
5. Crab Cakes
4. Grilled Scallops (seasonal)
3. Key Lime Crème Brûlée
2. Seafood Bisque
1. Surf-n-Turf

SurferStitch
08-06-2008, 06:59 AM
We love the surf-n-turf, and sometimes I get the whole steamed lobster. I love the claws on the lobster.

I also love their scallops, but like Jym said, they are seasonal.

Crab cakes and seafood bisque --- :cloud9:!

The artisan cheeses are very good. We tried them for the first time this past May.

DH loves the almond-crusted cheesecake with cherry sauce. I usually get the warm chocolate-almond vanilla bean whipped cream or the sorbet trio.

We usually get a bottle of Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee to go with our meal, but other times I like the Fess Parker Riesling, or the Chateau Ste Michelle Eroica.

Tinkerbellfan
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Hello,

I have dined at Narcoosees twice now. The first time I had the surf & turf while the second time I have the whole Maine steamed lobster. Both were wonderful! Infact, the last time we went to Narcoosees with my mom. After dining at 6 of WDW signature restaruants, my mom stated the Maine Lobster at Narcoosees was her favorite meal!

Enjoy!

SBETigg
08-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I was with my family of four and tried everyone's dishes. The surf and turf was okay, but I wouldn't order it again. The lobster tail with the surf and turf was warm water lobster, and slightly disappointing to me, a Maine lobster fan from New England. The scallops were good, but the halibut was incredible. And the biggest surprise on the menu for me was the chicken dish my daughter ordered. It was an amazing dish with all the flavors on the plate so well-balanced, quite a surprise. I usually avoid ordering chicken because it seems so boring, especially at a seafood spot. But this chicken was anything but boring.

All in all, the crabcakes were probably the best thing on the menu to me, absolutely outstanding crabcakes. As for desserts, the super-light cheesecake with cherry sauce blew the key lime brulee (and I'm usually a brulee fan) clean away.

DebK
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I had the surf-n-turf with the almond crusted cheesecake a few weeks ago.....:thumbsup:

Crow
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
looks like I might b leaning to that surf n turf

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Back when WDW painted their castle pink, Narcoosee's used to serve half-yards and yards of beer. I believe that practice was stopped a while back...

Dined there in May with my father.
We shared apps of mussels and crab cakes. Both were excellent.

For meals, he had scallops, and I had tuna. Both were very good.

Although we don't make it to Narcoosee's too often, it has never disappointed. This was my first trip back there in several years; wondering why I always skip the place!

Aggie97
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
We dined there most recently in February. My husband had the crab cakes and surf & turf; I had the pear & endive salad w/ blue cheese & pecans and filet mignon. We split the chocolate almond gateau for dessert. Everything was delicious! :mickey: