PDA

View Full Version : Are potatoes back at 'Ohana??

Disdad13
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm sure it is not accurate, but I was just looking at some menus in anticipation of our trip at the end of this month and they had one for 'Ohana that claimed it was "Updated" as of July 2008, and it shows Maui Potatoes listed along with the dumplings, stir fry vegetables and chicken wings. Is this true??? I (along with MANY others) would be so happy if it were! Is there anyone who has been to 'Ohana recently that can report?

Also, I also see where the dessert at Garden Grill is now some kind of Berry Puff Pastry instead of that delish Apple Cobbler - is this true? Do you get a choice? We have an ADR for here as well and I was looking forward to that Cobbler!! Anyone know for sure:confused:

#1disneyfan
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I cannot tell you for sure, but I had heard earlier this summer that there was some kind of noodle in place of the potatoes. I am sure someone will come along soon and verify! I am hoping for no potatoes :secret:! I am not a huge fan of them!

We will be eating at OHana's next week. We don't get back home until 8/21, so if you are not on your trip by then I can let you know for sure!

Have fun and enjoy!

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
We ate at Ohana's in June and the potatoes were not on the menu at that time. I loved those potatoes, but the meal was better than ever. When I got home I found the recipe on line and made them at home. It wasn't the same as eating them at Ohana's, but they were good none the less. Hopefully they will work more on the menu and add some of the items back.

tinkerbelle75
08-05-2008, 06:51 PM
We ate there last week, and there were definitely no potatoes! I sure wish they would bring them back, though, for our next trip! Sorry to disappoint!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
We could've made a meal of those potatoes..the best potatoes in the WORLD!!!

ThanxForNoticin
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
We could've made a meal of those potatoes..the best potatoes in the WORLD!!!

Absolutely. Hopefully, they are listening and offer them again in the near future.

Magic Smiles
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
The potatoes were the ONLY part of the meal that I even liked.:D

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm sure it is not accurate, but I was just looking at some menus in anticipation of our trip at the end of this month and they had one for 'Ohana that claimed it was "Updated" as of July 2008, and it shows Maui Potatoes listed along with the dumplings, stir fry vegetables and chicken wings. Is this true??? I (along with MANY others) would be so happy if it were! Is there anyone who has been to 'Ohana recently that can report?

Also, I also see where the dessert at Garden Grill is now some kind of Berry Puff Pastry instead of that delish Apple Cobbler - is this true? Do you get a choice? We have an ADR for here as well and I was looking forward to that Cobbler!! Anyone know for sure:confused:

How funny! I was just looking at the same site you did. I was so excited when I saw the date said "menu updated July 2008" and it included the scalloped potatoes. I was going to post this same question. Thanks for beating me to it. Let's hope these delicious potatoes are back when we are there in September!