PDA

View Full Version : Flight and Luggage Question

DreaminofDisney24
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Alright, so I have a strange question, that I will try to ask in a way that makes sense! We just got our magic express stuff yesterday (yay!!) and everything looked good. My question is this-we start on one plane, and then have to transfer to another to get to Orlando. Our luggage tags and all match with the flight that we will be on when we arrive in orlando. When we start on the other plane, will our luggage go with us and transfer to the second plane, or will they just go ahead and put it on the second plane that we will eventually be getting on? Does any of this make sense? It's such a confusing question..l just want to make sure our luggage arrives when we do!

vicster
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Your luggage should automatically be transferred to the second leg of your trip.

disneymom15
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Don't know how they keep it straight, but they do. Your luggage will meet up with you in Orlando, you don't need to worry.

pogo
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
In fact..... with Magical Express, your luggage will "magically" appear in your room at the Wilderness Resort. :mickey:

Enjoy your trip ! :D

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
. . . just want to make sure our luggage arrives when we do! . . .

1) It is "supposed" to arrive with you.
2) But, this is the worst year in history for lost/misdirected luggage.
3) That is why people want direct flights.
4) Less chance for missing luggage.
5) Hope everything works out for you.

DreaminofDisney24
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
1) It is "supposed" to arrive with you.
2) But, this is the worst year in history for lost/misdirected luggage.
3) That is why people want direct flights.
4) Less chance for missing luggage.
5) Hope everything works out for you.

Yeah, it was a direct flight...up until a month ago! And as we know, the airlines keep switching things!! I'm just happy that we can still get on the flight...for now...ha!

BigRedDad
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
As rusty scupper stated. On any flight that requires you to change planes, your luggage is supposed to follow you. However, delays, weather, theft, incompetence can all lead to your luggage not arriving as scheduled. As such, it is the airlines responsibility to track down your luggage. Often times, they do find it and get it there several hours later. However, there is the off chance your luggage gets "permanently" lost. In which case, the airline is responsible for compensation to the minimalist amount they are contractually obligated to you, the customer.

Be sure to read the luggage portion of the contract. They may require photographic or video proof of what is in the suitcase. Otherwise, they can claim it was empty and only have to pay the depreciated cost on a suitcase which is nearly nothing. This is not something you want to get into while on vacation. You need to understand that the airlines are only responsible for clothing and non-valuables in luggage. They are only liable for the depreciated cost of the clothing as well (2 years). They could argue the age of the clothing if you don't have proof of purchase.