PDA

View Full Version : What to do after PI

locutus
08-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Ok--so I know may of you are po'd that PI is closing. After September comes and goes are there any other places in the area that we can go to or is Citywalk our only option? I want to find a place where we can have a few different places to go in the same evening like PI did.

allentownguy
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
orlando nightlife is huge!!! tons of places to go just do a google search for "orlando nightlife":thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Pointe Orlando on International Drive has a few options. Not many, but a few.

There is still the Boardwalk.

And there is downtown Orlando, but I don't like it there.

Imagineer1981
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Hate to post for some other company, but City Walk can be pretty cool...if you don't mind going to the competition and dealing with their parking garage system

AHOTE
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
We'll try Boardwalk at least one night while we're there this year but it looks like we'll be spending some of our money offsite. It sure won't be the same without PI. It's hard to imagine WDW without the AC & CW. With lots of friends living in the area I'm sure we can come up with a few good alternatives.
Kungaloosh :beer:

SurferStitch
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
We'll definitely be trying City Walk in October. The Boardwalk doesn't seem that interesting to us, so City Walk it is. DTD will strictly be a shopping trip for us on one or two days, and a couple dinners. Other than that, it's not of interest to us anymore.

It's a shame...Disney will be losing some revenue from us on this trip, and all future trips.

TINKERBELL_82
08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm sad about losing PI too- and now Citywalk is pretty much the only option for tourists.

I did hear that there is a place in DT Orlando...Church Street maybe... that has lots of places to go out. It just seems really far from WDW though.

Oh well. :(

locutus
08-06-2008, 03:19 AM
Hate to post for some other company, but City Walk can be pretty cool...if you don't mind going to the competition and dealing with their parking garage system

I dont mind going to "competition". Actually no competition for me at all. If Disney no longer wants my nightlife dollar Im more than happy to go elsewhere. And I told this to someone from there executive offices when they called. The gentleman said he would like us to enjoy Disney's new "reimagineered" PI. I told him I want more for nightlife than more gift shops and resteraunts. Hey Universal..hope your ready for all the new bussiness your gonna be getting..because here we come.:D

The Joker
08-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I dont mind going to "competition". Actually no competition for me at all. If Disney no longer wants my nightlife dollar Im more than happy to go elsewhere. And I told this to someone from there executive offices when they called. The gentleman said he would like us to enjoy Disney's new "reimagineered" PI. I told him I want more for nightlife than more gift shops and resteraunts. Hey Universal..hope your ready for all the new bussiness your gonna be getting..because here we come.:D

I couldn't agree more!

In addition to bringing my nightlifedollars to the competition, it will also impact my daytime spending, since a major reason to come to WDW so often and for so many nights, is the possibility to go to the AC every night. When that reason is no more, the frequency and average duration of my stay will decrease substantially - and so is my spending.

bruin1344
08-06-2008, 01:25 PM
boardwalk or extra magic hours evening at a park are best options for on property, luckily when i go late aug i get to see pi before it closes

Soul_Power
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I was really disappointed to hear that PI was closing too. We had a great time drinking and dancing at PI when we went last year, and we wanted to have another night like that during our December 2009 trip, but I guess not much is left onsite.
Any ideas how much a taxi would cost from WDW (Pop Century, more specifically) to the City Walk? We are coming from California and will not be renting a car because we stay at WDW our whole trip.