PDA

View Full Version : CSR or CBR?

minnie-mouse
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
We have stayed in CBR before but were thinking of trying CSR this time. Any thoughts? Is the food court better at CSR? We will be traveling with our 3 and 6 year old DDs so we want to make sure the resort is kid-friendly.

buzz2001
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
CSR!! Great pool, transportation and food options.

KAT1811
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
CSR is by far our favorite moderate resort and one of our most beloved resorts on WDW property. The best of all worlds for us. The resort is beautiful, very warm. The property is quite large so they have a shuttle that constantly circles Lago Dorado 24 hours a day. The pool is great, always tons of space and chairs. They also have a kiddie pool where little one can splash around. I think it is very romantic, the lake is great to take a stroll around, there is a cute little bridge all lit up with little white lights, an outside bar by the lake that you can sit and grab a drink by at night. The sangria is fabulous!!! The rooms are very nicely appointed with just enought space and you can walk right out your room and into the beautiful Florida sunshine, no dark dreary hall to trapse down. They also have a beauty salon and gym on site something none of the other moderates offer.

badllamamama
08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Definitely CSR!! Newer resort, getting lots of upgrades and rehabs in the next few months. The buses are great and the main pool is one of the best.

kathiep
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
We stayed at CSR last year after being at CBR the previous. Last year, my kids were 4 1/2 and 3.

They loved CSR. The main pool area was fantastic. It was so large it never felt crowded.
And they loved the playground area.

We stayed in Ranchos so we were in the furthest section ( they really liked to design on Ranchos) and each walk around the lake was an adventure for them. The walk wasn't as long as it's often made to be; we didn't even bother with a stroller for the 3 year old.

The food court was far superior to CBR. MAny more choices and the quality of food was much better.

lilolvr
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one.

caryrae
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I have heard nothing but good about Coronado Springs on Intercot. Just from all the reviews about it I would love to stay there on one of my next Disney trips. I have heard it feels more like a deluxe resort then a moderate.

KatMark
08-09-2008, 09:00 PM
CSR is terrific--for families for for adults traveling alone. Our kids loved it when they used to travel with us (both boys now in college so they don't come with us anymore...we plan our trips when they are BACK at school), and we love it so much that even though my husband offered me Polynesian for our upcoming (22 days away) trip for our 25th anniversary, I told him I wanted to stay at our "home away from home." We have never stayed at any of the other moderates, but we have visited them--walked the grounds, looked at the pools, saw a room at two of them and have eaten at all of them. Truthfully, we found the CBR food court to be the worse of the bunch--we went at 1:00 in the afternoon and only two stations were open and my burger tasted like it had been sitting there for at least two days. Although the Pepper Market (CSR food court) can be confusing to a newcomer, there is a huge selection, huge portions and very good food. The pool area is great for kids and they have a ceremony for the kids to participate in every morning at the main pool. Plus there is an arcade, kiddie pool and playground right there.