PDA

View Full Version : No Economic Slup at WDW in January 09!

RocknBev
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I just tried to change my reservations for January from the WL to CR. We were hoping to stay there since it is on the monorail and we like to walk to MK. Well...that would certainly be possible as long as I would like a suite at $960 a night since that is least expensive thing they have available during the time of my stay!:eek: Seriously? Let me just get myself a room at GF!
I have decided to keep my lovely room at WL which is a very cool place to stay in January anyway especially if FL just happens to be a little nippy. But I couldn't help to laugh thinking that WDW might be struggling with the economy.....silly me!:silly: Anyone else having similar reservation issues?

SBETigg
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
You really can't tell if there's a slump or not judging by what you can reserve. In slower weeks, WDW will cut back on staff and reduce the number of rooms available. Not being able to find a new room doesn't necessarily mean they're booked up, though the forecast is good for WDW to keep thriving in the near future.

minnie1956
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I've read that the Europeans are coming over her in droves because of the weak dollar.
Plus, I believe that is the timeframe of the marathon.
Good luck!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
It might be the marathon?

Around the NYC area, we're under a European invasion. We have relatives who come over here now for "shopping weekends" now since their currency is so strong.

On our last trip to WDW - our wing of the hotel was nearly all non-English speaking or European. I remember years ago when the tables were turned.....

Mousemates
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
We just booked for January at the Poly and had no issues getting our choice of rooms (Garden View) at the very nice value season rate (with a AAA 15% discount) for roughly the same amount you were quoted for one night...you might want to check the Poly.

DisneyDoug2
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
We booked last night at WL and had no problem in mid Jan. We have tried to book the CR before and have run into conventions taking up a good portion of the hotel.