PDA

View Full Version : cali grill fireworks question

allentownguy
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
i made my advance res for the cali grill at 9:45pm, my question is coming in that late can you get a good view of the mk fireworks at 10pm? i am just afraid we wont have a table and we will miss the show.
when i made the adr the cm said we could also come early in the night like 5:30 and we could ask for wrist bands for that evenings show and watch them from the deck?

i am down to the 29 day mark, thanks for any help from you guys:rocks:

wendy*darling
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Don't worry- no matter where you are seated in the restaurant, you will be allowed to go out on the deck and watch from there. :thumbsup:
Your server will even delay bringing whatever course is next until you return.

If your ADR is for 9:45 and the fireworks are for 10pm, I would arrive early- maybe 9:15 or so. You can have a drink at the bar while you wait for your table. And you may even get seated early.

ibrowse17
08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Agreed. You do not have to watch the fireworks from your table. The deck is open for all eating at the CG, and offers a wonderful view of the show. They even pipe in the music:thumbsup:

DumboMom
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I agree with the last post.

On a tip from a guide book I showed up an hour before our reservation. We had a drink at the bar while we waited and we ended up with a window seat for dinner and the fireworks!

The view is amazing! :mickey:

TiggeRia
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I would arrive 30-45 minutes early and request a window seat with a view of the castle. When I was there I requested a window seat, which I got, but it was on the other side of the restaurant and we couldn't see the castle from where we were--good view of Illuminations, though. I just got up and went out onto the observation deck during the fireworks, but beware it can get pretty cool and windy up there, depending on the time of the year. Either way, you'll have a nice view of the show and a fabulous dinner! :mickey:

allentownguy
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
thank you all:mickey:

msc_idiot
08-04-2008, 11:57 PM
So, do they pipe the music only onto the balcony, or into the restaurant as well? I thought I heard that they dimmed the lights, too - is that right? I had reservations last time we went, but it was too early and we were too tired to wait around. We have reservations at 9:15pm this time with fireworks at 9 - if we show up early to see them, do we just check in and tell them we will be watching the fireworks and to hold our table? I'm assuming they hear alot of that kind of thing.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
They do pipe the music on the observation deck I know that for sure because we were out there and i am pretty sure they pipe it into the resturant as well.

dolphinmickey9170
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
They do pipe in the music to the observation deck and the restaurant. I've watched both ways, and prefer to be on the deck watching. The noise level is lower so you can enjoy the music better.

I also suggest to arrive 45 minutes early, request a window table (though not gauranteed) and enjoy a drink at the bar.

Have a great time.

ps: I suggest the oak fired filet! It is yummy!

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
1) I would not even entertain the thought of getting a table.
2) At that time, others will stay for the fireworks.
3) You can go out on the patio.
4) It can get crowded, but you can see fireworks.