PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Problem

disneymaster
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok, so we are leaving a week from tomorrow :number1:!

However, I have a problem.

We have two reservations. One for my mom and my sister and the other for me (since I am booked with an AP rate). However, my mom has gotten her magical epress info along with 4 yellow tags and I have not gotten anything yet. We have called the main disney reservation number and they have told us that it says we have it but can't tell us if the papaers have been sent or not.

So, a couple of questions:

1) Is there a direct phone number to call the magical express people?

2) If my paper work does not come, can I still get on the bus?

3) If my paper work does not come, I assume I can place one of the yellow tags on my bag and just have it get delieved to my mom's room, correct?

Thanks for any advice!

disneymom15
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
1 year we didn't receive our DME papers, we just had to tell the CM's at DME that we didn't have papers. We didn't have checked luggage so didn't need yellow tags, but you should be OK with using one from the other party.

CleveRocks
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
1) Is there a direct phone number to call the magical express people?866-599-0951. They are DME experts and can give you direct and correct answers to all of your DME questions. When you call the main Disney number, they are woefully misinformed about just about anything except resort reservations, ticket purchases and dining reservations.

2) If my paper work does not come, can I still get on the bus?You said they told you you definitely have a DME reservation, right? If so, then you're fine. You won't need a piece of paper from home to ride the bus. Show ID when you check-in at the counter, and they'll print you out a new bus voucher.

3) If my paper work does not come, I assume I can place one of the yellow tags on my bag and just have it get delieved to my mom's room, correct?
You could do that if you want, but you don't have to bother. Since Day One, DME has had a procedure in place for people who didn't receive their DME luggage tags (which was a very common problem in the first few months DME was around). When you check-in at the DME counter, they ask if you DME-tagged your bags. If you tell them NO, they'll ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers, as well as a physical description of each bag. They'll dispatch a CM to claim your bags at baggage claim for you, and then take them back behind the scenes. They'll print out a DME luggage tag for each of your bags that they claim for you (but these tags will be white, not yellow like the ones sent to your house), put one on each bag, and then bring the bags to the Disney sorting facility with the rest of the DME bags, and then they'll be delivered just like all the rest.

I know this sounds new and strange to you, but they've been doing it this way every day for over 3 years now, so it's business as usual for them.

Disney knows how to take care of you!:thumbsup:

wendy*darling
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
True- they are very good at retrieving bags without yellow tags.
I took a group of Boy Scouts to WDW last summer. I think we had 35 people flying. Our tags did not arrive before we left. Let me tell you- I was very, very tense!
BUT... I made a list with the description of every bag as we checked them in. I put ribbons on each of them before they left our possession. And I gave a sample of the ribbons and the complete list to the DME person in Orlando.
The got every single bag and delivered them to our Fort Wilderness Campsite- not a single bag was missing! :clappy:

Trust them- it will all work out OK.