PDA

View Full Version : Pre Park Photopass Question...

diamond58
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
:mickey: HI! I was wondering if someone could help clarify a question I have concerning adding meal photos to your Photopass account. I will be purchasing the Photo CD online prior to our arrival @ Disney on August 27th. We will not be going to a theme park or water park on the first day. However, we have reservations for both Chef Mickey and the Hoop-Dee-Doo review. I plan on purchasing the photo packages to both and would like them to be added to my Photopass. Since we are not going to have our Photopass card yet, will we still be able to add the meal photos later after we actually get the card at Magic Kingdom the next day?

I read somewhere that there is a code on the back of the larger photo. Is that true? If so, is that the code that can be used to link the photos to Photopass?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
You don't need the card at all to add the photos to your photopass CD.

I can't remember if the code was on the large photo, or the receipt they give you, but I think it was on the enclosed receipt!

When you log into the photopass site to get the CD, just add the codes from the receipts, along with the codes from the photopass card(s) you have from your trip, and you'll be all set.

diamond58
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
You don't need the card at all to add the photos to your photopass CD.

I can't remember if the code was on the large photo, or the receipt they give you, but I think it was on the enclosed receipt!

When you log into the photopass site to get the CD, just add the codes from the receipts, along with the codes from the photopass card(s) you have from your trip, and you'll be all set.

:thumbsup:Thanks for the info! I was hoping I would be able to add them later...yea!:cloud9:

Urbss
08-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Do you have to buy the CD before the trip or can you purchase it after you get home?

Minnie'smom
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Both..they offer a reduced price if you pre-puchase the cd, they e-mail you a special code and when you get home, you add, edit and save your photos and enter the code at check out. You can also change you mind about the cd if you preorder it then decide you dont want the cd they will refund your money. This is my understanding from the web site. I am planning on pre ordering for our trip in September

Urbss
08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks!! We are going in Sept. also. How long before you leave will you pre-order?

Thanks Again!!

disneyfan328
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
We did this last time as well - there is a code on the photo (in case you lose the receipt) It was on the chef mickey ones as well as the CRT ones that we had done. We were able to add those as well as all of our photopass cards ect onto one account when we got home! It worked out great!!

minnie-mouse
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Where do you pre-order the CD for photpass, on Disney's website? Also, how does that work? Do they mail you the photopass up front and you take that wit hyou on your trip to give to photographers each time? Sorry, I am confused but really want to take advantage of this for our next trip .:confused:

disneyfan328
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
you could pre order (if they still do this) the cd from the photopass website and prepay at the discounted rate which last I checked was $ 99 instead of $125. I believe the way it works is once you pay for it - it gives you a code which I would put in a safe place. Once you get home from your vacation and add all of your cards to your account and make any edits, add borders, signatures ect and are ready to pay for it - you enter the code that you were originally given and they ship it out to you.

I cannot find it on the website now to pre order it at a discount so I have sent them off an email to ask if they are still doing it and how to go about it.

I will update after I hear back from them.

diamond58
08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Where do you pre-order the CD for photpass, on Disney's website? Also, how does that work? :confused:

;)You can pre-order the CD on Disney's Photopass website. The cost is $99.95. You then go to the park and have fun getting all your Photopass photos. When you get home, you go to the Photopass website and look up your photos. When it's time to order your CD, you type in the code that was previously sent to you via email from Photopass. That code will zero out your balance. If for some reason you get home and look at your photos and decide you don't want the CD, it is my understanding that you can get a refund for the entire amount as long as you don't punch in the code. you have two weeks to ask for the refund.

It sounds like a WIn WIn situation to me. There is actually a really good website that explains Photopass in detail. We aren't supposed to post links, but i'm sure if you punch Photopass in your Google toolbar you will be sure to find it!:thumbsup:
Hint: It contains Stitch as it's theme character!

doodleboy
08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I looked all over the Photo Pass site and cannot find the link for pre-purchasing the CD. I wonder if they discontinued the deal. Does anyone know the link? I sent an email to customer service with the question, but we'll see if they ever get back to me.

diamond58
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I looked all over the Photo Pass site and cannot find the link for pre-purchasing the CD. I wonder if they discontinued the deal. Does anyone know the link? I sent an email to customer service with the question, but we'll see if they ever get back to me.

:mickey:I just ordered mine this morning and got my email with the discount code 2 minutes ago.

I can give you the link, but I want to make sure that I can do that on this board. I got in trouble for posting links before....

minnie-mouse
08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Can someone please PM me the link to the photopass ordering?

Also, if you preorder the CD and get a code to use later, how do you get the passcard to give to each photographer? How do they know to link the pics to your prepaid CD? (Do I make any sense?)

doodleboy
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
:mickey:I just ordered mine this morning and got my email with the discount code 2 minutes ago.

I can give you the link, but I want to make sure that I can do that on this board. I got in trouble for posting links before....

I just found it on another post on INTERCOT form April of 08', so I assume it is OK. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

disneyfan328
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
My email was answered and they said that it is no longer an offer? Only certain people get emails???? The link above does appear to work though so I would go with it.

as for the other question - Pre ordering the CD doesn't have anything to do with getting the card that you get scanned by the photographer. You can get a card when you first get to the park by the first photopass person you see, just ask them for it. I always took a picture of the back of mine just in case it got lost or wet and any of the numbers were illegible. you can have more than one pass ( ie if you forget it in the room one day) you can just get a new one from any photographer and add them all into one account when you get home. When you get home and load of all your card numbers into your account and add/edit stuff and are ready to order it that is when you would enter the code for the prepurchased ones.

Hope this helps sort it all out for you. feel free to Pm me if you have any other questions :)

diamond58
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
:mickey: I wanted to share that you can also add your meal photos to the Photopass if you purchase the package offered (this is excluded for Cinderella's Royal Table & princess Storybook as they are already included with the meal and can be added anyway).

I mention this, because my family and I will not be going to a Park the first day, but will be dining at Chef Mickey's and Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. We plan on purchasing both photo packagages and adding them to our Photopass. Since we will not have a Photopass card yet, there is a number apprently on the receipt as well as on the larger photo that can be added once you log into the Photopass sight back home.

I found this to be helpful information since I knew that I was not going to see a Photopass Photographer right away.

Additionally, the meal photos that can be included are:

Cinderella's Royal Table (included w/ meal price)
Princess Stroybook DIning @ Akershus: Norway (included w/ meal price)
Chef Mickey
Ohana
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Hoop Dee Doo Review
Restaurantosaurus is listed as a location, but I no longer think that is open and has been replaced by Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House. I'm not sure if there is a photo Opp here or not.:cloud9:

thumperbug
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
We did the pre-order photo cd in April and it was the best thing we could have done. I take a million (give or take) photos at WDW but sometimes the Disney Photographers get better ones then me but the cost to purchase each is ridiculous.

The pre order CD essentially pays for itself if you are happy with 8 or so of the photopass pics taken. Plus, you can edit to your hearts content and end up with double or triple the pics that were taken and you own the disc and the pics forever.

If it is still offered we will do it again for our Feb 2009 trip. The info in prior blogs is correct, when you pre order you get a code, stash it in a safe place. When you get back from your trip, add all your codes from receipts and photopasses (you can get a new one from photographers if you leave yours at the room) and after you are done editing and picking the pics you want, head to check out and once you put in the code given to you it does zero out the balance.

It is also true if you pre order and end up not liking the photos, you can get a refund but check the website given in prior block for refund policy.

If you do decide to pre order, make sure to tell the photographers you pre-ordered the CD. They tend to take more pics when you let them know.

I highly recommend the pre order. Even if it no longer offered, I would probably still do the CD for the $125.

MickeyandTink
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=disneyfan328;1709181... I always took a picture of the back of mine just in case it got lost or wet and any of the numbers were illegible. you can have more than one pass ( ie if you forget it in the room one day) you can just get a new one from any photographer and add them all into one account when you get home. When you get home and load of all your card numbers into your account and add/edit stuff and are ready to order it that is when you would enter the code for the prepurchased ones.[/QUOTE]

I'll second taking a picture of the the code (if you have a digital camera). On our trip last year our card got stuck in the photopass machine on the Test Track ride, along with several other people. Once the CM's got all of our cards out, we were able to find ours easily by looking at the photos on our camera with the code picture. Saved a lot of time not only for us, but everyone else.

AJHUNT2
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
does anyone know if you can "pre-order" the CD even after you've been there, just not order the Cd til after you get the code? I didn't realize you could preorder til now and saving that little bit of money sure would be nice.

brian2000boston
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I always took a picture of the back of mine just in case it got lost or wet and any of the numbers were illegible.

What a great idea, thanks!