PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Bethis26fan
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Do they have tarter sauce at the yorkshire county fish shop? About how big are the fish? Oh and are there any bones in it. I know some place has bones some don't depending on the fish.

homeschool mom
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
We've eaten there a couple of times, and we think it is very good. :thumbsup:

Yes to tartar sauce, and no to bones.

I think the fish is about the size of a fish plank at Long John Silver's if you are familiar with that fast food rest.

Bethis26fan
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I just didn't want to get it and a bunch go to waste.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I will try this in December, I meant to last trip but the line was out the door and down the lane.....I heard you must try some with malt vinegar

disneymom15
08-04-2008, 03:32 PM
The fish is very good, it's a bit on the greasy side but still yummy. The tartar sauce comes in the little packets like what ketchup comes in. We usually grab a handful, and use them all.

PetefromRI
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I love tarter sauce but I gotta have my Fish and Chips with malt vinegar.

DISFREAKS
08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
The fish & chips are an absolute must on every trip. We love them. For us its not just that the food is great that makes it a must. Its that there always seems to be a special little memory to go along with it.
The first time I remember having it was in '01 with my family and my SILs family while waiting for Illuminations to start. We were having a great time and the food added to it.

disneymom2000
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I like to use the tarter sauce on my fries and the malt vinegar on my fish. That is some really good fish. There is usually a line waiting here.

bkfree
08-05-2008, 02:12 AM
We also seem to eat here each trip and love it.
I also love the tarter sauce on my fries and loads of the Malt Vinegar on my fish too.

We will usually get one CS here and share then move on to another country and get another CS meal and share it. This way we get to try lots of different countries and foods during the trip.

Disnamic Duo
08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
This place sounds great. I think we'll try it on our next trip. We've seen it many times, but haven't tried it yet. Is there some place to sit and eat - some tables somewhere?

Diznee4Me
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM
The DD, DW and I tried last year and really liked it. I remember there were some wrought iron tables and chairs directly across from the shop in a small courtyard.

MauiMouse
08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Another Malt Vinegar lover. :tasty: Love it! :D Love UK Fish & Chips. I usually go over to the courtyard where the British Invasion play, usually nice and quiet. :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I've never had the fish and chips before here and I mean to each and every trip!!! Are you all sure there are no bones? Has anyone come across one in these fish and chips? I mistakenly swallowed a small chicken bone this past January and it got stuck in my esophagus!! I needed surgery that same day to remove it. Soo...I've been so leary of chicken and fish since that time, but I would love to try these when we are at WDW next week!

EllieMae
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I looooove the fish and chips stand. If we don't eat at the Rose and Crown we always stop for fish and chips. You can choose to eat by the lagoon or in the rose garden. I am not a fan of tartar sauce but the malt vinegar is great with the fish. And there are no bones :cool:

Pop Centurion
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
As someone who eats a lot of foods with vinegar, I've never tried it on fish. I'll definitely try that on this years trip.