PDA

View Full Version : AKL standard view room requests

lawgirl
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Just booked our November rooms at AKL. All that was available was the standard view. Is there a certain area we should request? I am not crazy about the thought of having to overlook the parking lot.

I think I should at least ask for one on the 4th floor. But other than that, I'd love any suggestions to request so we won't be staring at asphalt!

Thanks!

maxrebo77
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't have the exact answer to your question, but I do know that the 2 times I had to book a standard view at AKL, it was easy to upgrade. One time I asked them, the other they asked me. Maybe things have changed, it has been 5 years since I stayed there. However, I think that their ratio of preferred to standard might work in your favor.
May the Giraffe and Okapi be With You.
maxrebo

lawgirl
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I called and had the room request added to my reservation. I asked to be on the zebra trail or kudu trail. The lady told me one of the options for a request was for the standard view room to be on the uzima savannah.

Anybody have any thoughts? I will die if we are over the parking lot!

Septbride2002
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
From my trip report:

Eureka! Our room is ready – standard view on the 4th floor. We head up. Now – a few words about standard view rooms at the AKL – you can get a view of trees, roofs, or the bus stops. Our room walked right out over the lobby which at first I thought would be loud but we never really had a problem with it. Our view is what I would call a “partial pool view” as you could see the edge of the pool and tree tops just over the roof of the restaurant Boma. The smells though in that room because of Boma are incredible! And you find yourself always hungry. Our room was a short walk from a round outside stairwell that walked you down one floor to a very large public viewing terrace that no one hardly used. It looked over the main Savannah. I sat out there every morning with my book and hot chocolate watching the animals and was never disturbed (except for one morning and that will come later). I saw animals every day of my trip. Our room was close to Mara, the pool, and the Arusha Rock – room 4403 – I never felt like I was missing out on anything having a standard view room.