PDA

View Full Version : I-4 Arount Orlando

chefmickey3
08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Have seen mention of a toll road around Orlando on I-4. Can anyone give me specific directions how to do this. Which exit? Name of the toll road? We leave Saturday from Philly and would love to avoid traffic in Orlando. Thanks.

big blue and hairy
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
You are looking for 417, also called the Greeneway. Although I've been on it many times, I can't remember the exit number. It is one of the Sanford exits. It is well marked. Take 417 to exit 3, Osceola Parkway. Turn right and you will drive right into WDW. The toll is about $5.

One thing, there is a point where you have to stay toward the right (right two lanes) so you don't end up on 408 when you're going toward WDW, it is also marked pretty well, coming back that doesn't happen.

:sulley:

Ed
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Take Exit 101B off I-4 onto 417. It is a toll road, and a few miles longer, but worth every penny and every minute to escape the nightmare that is I-4 through Orlando.

You can get off at Exit 6, International Drive - instead of turning right onto I-Drive, continue straight ahead onto Rte 536 which becomes World Center Drive then Epcot Center Drive; you'll soon find yourself going under the welcome arches at WDW.

joelkfla
08-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Use exit 3 for the AK area resorts: AK Lodge, All-Stars, Pop Century, and Coronado Springs.

For all other resorts, exit 6 is a bit shorter.

Vito
08-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I wish I had known about this years ago. We're flying this year, but could have saved literally hours during one nightmare on I-4. A cement truck had tipped over just outside of downtown Orlando and traffic was at a standstill for like 3 hours. We just had to wait it out.

big blue and hairy
08-06-2008, 08:38 AM
If you're using DME, you'll still be going on 417.

:sulley: