PDA

View Full Version : Arriving Late

jszczur5
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Our flight does not land until 9:30 p.m., so we are not likely to make it to POP much before 11:00. We are a group of 8, and therefore were booked as Magical Gatherings, meaning our rooms should be side by side. My husband thinks that we will get crummy rooms because we are arriving so late. I think we will probably get the same rooms as if we had arrived at 3:00, because they must put aside 2 rooms. Long story short - do you think we will get our requested "ground floor" rooms, or do you think we will be arriving too late to have our request honoured?

Strmchsr
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
There's never any guarantee that you'll have a request for certain rooms granted. They do the best they can. However, your late arrival will have no impact at all on what rooms you get. Rooms are generally assigned a day or two before you arrive, so you'd be given the same room whether you arrived at 7 am or 11 pm.

TammiMcMan
08-04-2008, 06:59 PM
We are a group of 8, and therefore were booked as Magical Gatherings, meaning our rooms should be side by side.Grand Gatherings will make sure that your party is in the same area of the resort, but there is still no way to guarantee that they'll be alongside each other.

Long story short - do you think we will get our requested "ground floor" rooms, or do you think we will be arriving too late to have our request honoured?From what I understand, Grand Gatherings will block your rooms. The first priority would be rooms that are close to each other. If you asked for ground floor, they will try that option, but again, there is never a guarantee that your requests will be fulfilled. If the rooms are blocked, then there would be no difference in the assignment whether you arrive at 9am or 9pm.