PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Planet

Mackflava99
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
This weekend we had alot of rain, so we watched alot of TV which is rare for the summer.
But anyway, we saw "Treasure Planet" for the first time-
I was pretty impressed, it was a very good movie and the animation was pretty good.

It seems its pretty underrated. How did it do in the box office?

Do others feel the same way?

offwego
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
It didn't do very well at the box office. However we like it as well. (Could have something to do with the fact we have a boy of course and that in fits and starts boy movies get hard to find)

brownie
08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it didn't do well, but we sure enjoy it and watch it pretty regularly.

Pop Centurion
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I only caught a few minutes of it since I was getting ready to go out. From what I did watch, it seemed pretty good. I loved the classic style animation compared to the recent cgi stuff out there.

RAIDER
08-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree a very underrated film and i loved it and i still watch it from time to time :thumbsup:

Marker
08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I've always like Treasure Planet, even when everyone tried to tell me I shouldn't. I think it's a pretty well done movie.

Ifeel the same way about Atlantis, I really like it as well, and didn't ever agree with the panning it has received over the year.

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I think Treasure Planet is very good. I watch it every now and then and always enjoy it! It did not do well at the box office. I have no idea why. Most people I have talked to liked it. :confused:

Dracula766
08-08-2008, 05:50 AM
My DS & I are big fans of the movie.
Pirates in space, how is that not cool?

I love the fact that it makes great use of CG animation but keeps it subtle

Diznee4Me
08-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Another :thumbsup: for Treasure Planet. I thought it was great.

threeh
08-10-2008, 09:38 PM
My kids LOVE treasure planet. They've watched it over and over. My DD class read treasure island in school and her teacher let the class watch some of Treasure Planet to compare.
We looked and looked for pins while in WDW. I don't think it did very good in the box office. I'm sure you figured out Martin Short did the robot BEN's voice??
I was able to get the 2 songs on my Ipod ( Jim's theme) from I tunes. They have some of the characters in the disney villian books.

wendy*darling
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I've always like Treasure Planet, even when everyone tried to tell me I shouldn't.
I feel the same way about Atlantis
:ditto: My family enjoys Treasure Planet and Atlantis.
And I love the soundtracks as well- have them both in my CD changer with loads of other Disney soundtracks- it gets played often at my house.

I like the Treasure Island story- and I think they did a nice job "futurizing" it in this edition. (I also love Muppet Treasure Island :thumbsup:)
My then 11-12 yr old was at just the right age to love these movies when they came out.

I was very sorry to hear them panned throughout the media. :(

MegaDisney
08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I also enjoyed Treasure Planet. I loved the ships with the solar sails and the sequence with the cresent moon that turns out to be a city in the sky were VERY cool!

TheTexasKid
08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I agree with what everybody else says. It needs to be seen by Disney fans, if only because--as up to this year--this is the last film performance of Patrick McGoohan, who voices the character of Billy Bones. 38 years earlier, he played the vet in another Disney film, "The 3 Lives of Thomasina," which was the motion picture debut of both Matthew Garber and Karen Dotrice.