PDA

View Full Version : EMail pin code has wrong name...

Jeri Lynn
08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I recieved an Email with a pin code from Disney on Saturday evening....however, it did not have my last name on it, the last name on the email was my daughters best friends last name who we brought on vacation with us last November.

Has anyone had this happen, does this mean I won't be able to use it because it does not have my last name even though it came to my email address ??

Deesdisney
08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
That is interesting. I just got one and my parents last name was on it. They were put on the register just so they could come over and watch my daughter for me at night. I hope I can use it.

kakn7294
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I guess you can explain it to them and ask. Good luck!

Belle1217
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I also got a pin code and my last name was spelt wrong very wrong. I called and explained it to them and they took it. Good luck to everyone.

wdwnomad
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
You should be able to use it. From what I understand the PIN codes are tied back into your household. Since your daughter's friend went with you and she got added onto your household record in their computer system.

No one really understands the logic behind Disney's reasonging for sending out PIN codes. You would think Disney would send out codes to people who actually pay for the reservations and not the kids who went.

Anyway, when you call and if you get a CM that says you can't do it then just say thanks and hang-up. Call back and try for someone else. There are CM's that know how to do it.

jennyb
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Funny. Actually we got one in the mail with my daughter's name on it with my sister's last name and their reply was they couldn't help us. They could only speak with the household of the last name on the mailing not the addressee. I think my travel agent with MJ had better luck though and got some quotes but AAA discount was the better deal.

PirateLover
08-12-2008, 11:12 PM
My code was sent in my name to my fiance's house. We did a joint vacation with his family before. My cousin and brother are going in dec... brother shares last name and are attempting to use it. If they aren't able to use it, that's pretty messed up.

Magic Smiles
08-12-2008, 11:13 PM
When we used our PIN code last Dec, the reservation had to be in the name of the person that the pin code was assigned to, to receive the discount. Since the PIN code came addressed to DH, our Dec reservation was in his name. Up until that trip all former reservations had been in my name and not my his. We figured they got his name from a survey that he had done for a CM the previous year.

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2008, 06:40 AM
You will be able to use it. We just recieved one on friday and it was addressed to my stepdad...he is not going on our next trip with us. Disney told us that if our address was the same that the pin was addressed to, then it is perfectly fine to use.

LudwigVonDrake
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
This happened to me. I got one those cards in the my mail with my friend's name on it with my address. We had gone together July 2007. I think Disney is reaching out to people who didn't book within the last year. Just a guess...

eandrsmom
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
We got a postcard with a PIN code a few weeks back addressed to our address, but it had my ex-babysitter's name on it. I called and explained to them that she didn't live with us, no longer worked for us, and took a trip with us a few years back. I told the reservationist that we paid for the entire trip, and I was not happy about her getting a code and us not getting a code. She said that since it was tied to our address, we could use the PIN.