PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rethink their plans before arrival?

mouseketeer mom
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I drive myself bananas doing this..but as the trip approaches..I always rethink things..add an ADR, cancel another, decide on a different plan..Does anyone else do this..or is it just me?? I love all the choices Disney offers, and continue to try to maximize our trip up until our arrival!! I rarely leave well enough alone.!:mickey:

disneymom15
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
We never do ADR's, so I never worry about that. What I do worry about is the flight info. I always think I booked the wrong day or wrong airport or something.

wdw4us
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
You are not alone. I always rethink the plans. I don't usually change anything. I am forever online checking out all things. We leave in 3 days and I am still going over our plans. I tell myself to just chill..we always have fun.

MMouse6937
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm in the same boat right now. We're about a month out and I'm starting to question some of the places we've decided to eat. I'm tweaking our itinerary over and over again. It's going to make my family crazy!! :D

cindyrellinut
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
We are leaving in 8 days and I think I question our plans every waking moment. From the reservations (should I have booked a moderate?), to the flights, the ADR's and what time should we be out at the bus stop every morning.:confused:

My husband only eats chicken and turkey, no red meat, fish or pork, so I am constantly pouring over menus making sure there is something for him to eat. I am the planner for 8 people and am constantly questioning my decisions on where to eat. I think I will be completely lost after we come back because I will have nothing to worry about anymore.:(

kathiep
08-04-2008, 07:33 PM
We usually start off very casually making reservations about 10 months out. Not too much happens until about 7 months out. Then we start agonizing over ADR's. Then we make the ADR's and breath for a few days. Then we fine tune the ADR's and make a few changes. Then things die down until about 6 weeks out. At that point, I start to obsess about every little thing. Park hours, EMH's, what days to do what park - you name it, I plan, worry, then re-plan it.

I don't think I start breathing again until the morning we leave.

yjgirl32
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I do the same thing- maybe not change our reservations- but up until the moment I make the reservations I change my mind. I do that with every trip no matter what it is. Don't beat yourself up too much. No matter what it will be a great trip, plus you will have learned something with your decisions good or bad. It's ok. (Now if I can just tell this info to myself) Good Luck!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh no you are not alone....it took us a year to finally decide on our ADRs, we now have our ADRs made so that won't change....the one thing we knew from the beginning is that we wanted to try Pop....I have a day by day itenary that I change periodically with tips from Intercot and Disney's website.

Vintage Disney
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
You are definately not alone. I drive myself crazy rechecking prices on flights, rental car.... I think that it is all part of the fun and excitement of a Disney trip.

dolphinmickey9170
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Lisa, don't laugh at me....wait til you see my master plan. I have tweeked it so many times, it's a wreck. I guess I should just retype it.

Anyway, we do make several changes as the time approaches. Just today, I changed 4 ADR's. The CM thanked me profusely as dining arrangements are pretty tight, so he said.

Can't wait to see you at the meet!! WOOHOO!!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh gosh, I do this too. So much so that not only do I get on my family's nerves, but I start to get on my own nerves. I just can't help second guessing everything from which resort we are staying at, did we book enough days, should we add a couple of days, did I book the right ADRs at the right times. Right now we are trying to plan a Mardi Gras trip and I have had a hard time making up my mind which resort we should stay at (finally decided on BC, I think:D). And of course each resort comes with a different set of ADRs and schedules. Trust me, you are not alone!!

Marilyn Michetti
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
NOPE ! We make our reservations, and a couple of ADR's, and that's it........:cool:

(Now, here's hoping SW doesn't change our trip):mad:

LizLovesDiz
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I changed my mind 10 times for this trip in Oct. I didn't know where we wanted to stay,or if we wanted the dining plan,how many days of tickets,etc. I drive my self crazy !!! :confused:

mouseketeer mom
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Wow. Thanks everyone! I feel better I am not alone! Denise, you cracked me up, because I too, get on my own nerves! I'm resisting picking up the phone just to check if a different time is available for Ohanas on our first night. I'm such a dork. I was so happy when I made the ADR and I tweak, and I tweak, and I tweak, and I resist even talking about it to my family anymore, so I'm just thinking all of this stuff in my head!! Good thing I'm not married to someone who is as much of a Disney planner and thinker like me., we would go mad together!!

Mousemates
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
WE often tweak and tinker with our gameplan prior to our trip...figuring which days we will be at which parks, ADRS, etc....to us the planning and replanning is very much part of the enjoyment of WDW.

bkfree
08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
We also tweak, fine tune and make a few changes during the pre trip planning.

We started out at the POFQ and now will be staying at AKL.
We started staying for 7 days and have now added a day.

I have changed a few ADR's also.
From Coral Reef to Tutto Italia for a CP seating.
From H & V to 50s Prime for an earlier seating and to cut down the number of buffets.
From 1900 Park Fare to The Wave.
Added CP Breakfast (OOP)on the morning that we leave, because we are catching a late flight for a change and just decided that we want to go back to CP and hang few hours at MK.

Our trip is not until Dec and I am trying to make myself leave everything as is.......:thumbsup:
But Never say Never............:confused:

Urbss
08-06-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm so glad you posed this question!! I'm going through this right now!!

4-5 months ago when we booked everything I made all of our ADR according to what parks we would be in each day. My reasons for picking the parks had to do with my 3 year old's sleep habits (he liked to get up early - between 6 & 7), so I thought we might as well hit the parks with EMH.

WELL.... He has since stopped taking naps as much, but sleeps longer into the morning, so he isn't getting up until 7 or 8 every morning.

I don't know if we have much choice at this point because with the free dining going on, I'm not going to be able to switch our reservations. That is a fact because my in-laws decided a couple months ago to join us and we tried to book reservations for them and there is not many slots open.

Oh Well.