PDA

View Full Version : Best Room @ WL

antnyh
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Next year will be the first year my family will be staying at the WL. I'd like to hear any suggestions you might have as to which room is best. It is me and my wife with a 6 yr and 2yr old. Right now we are looking at the courtyard view w.bunk beds. Any advice???

Thanks...

Mickey91
08-04-2008, 07:18 AM
We had the courtyard view with bunk beds the last two times we stayed at WL. The first, in 2002, was wonderful. We had a room looking over the pool area and could see most of the electrical waterpageant from our balcony. We were also on the 7th floor and the balcony was more private. Luck of the draw I guess. Since that time, they have raised the price of the bunk bed rooms and recatagorized what they consider courtyard. Dec. 2006 we were stuck on the first floor between the Villas and the lodge. Instead of a courtyard, we saw bushes. I would consider that more of a woods view but the front desk assured me it was a courtyard. Whatever. So, just make sure you ask to be placed over the actual WL courtyard. You will be limited with bunk beds so check in as early as you can asking again at check in to have the room in the real courtyard, specifically overlooking the falls/pool area. Good luck.

conorsmom2000
08-04-2008, 08:03 AM
The first, in 2002, was wonderful. We had a room looking over the pool area and could see most of the electrical waterpageant from our balcony. We were also on the 7th floor and the balcony was more private. Luck of the draw I guess. Since that time, they have raised the price of the bunk bed rooms and recatagorized what they consider courtyard. Dec. 2006 we were stuck on the first floor between the Villas and the lodge. Instead of a courtyard, we saw bushes. I would consider that more of a woods view but the front desk assured me it was a courtyard.

That's exactly what happened to us - the first time we stayed at the WL courtyard view, we had a great room overlooking the pool. Our second visit, also courtyard view, we were in room 1152 which was the first floor, facing the villas. At first, we were very upset. We also found out that they had recatergorized those rooms as "Courtyard" because they overlook the Villas Courtyard, but we truly felt we were getting a woods view. In the end, though, we loved the location of the room. We were towards the end of the hallway, so it was only a few steps to the door and we were right at the pool, with easy access to the beach, boat dock, Roaring Forks, etc. We had ducks knocking at our patio door every morning, much to my then 5 year olds delight. It was definitely a quieter location, as pool side can be noisy at times. And if we heard the Electrical Light Parade, we just slipped out the patio door to the walkway and could see it perfectly.

Because we ended up loving the location so much, when we went back the next year, we requested the same room. We were put in the same area, and still had a courtyard room overlooking the villas, but this time we were on the 5th floor. We definitely missed the convenience of being on the first floor but we still found the room peaceful and the view was great.

I still feel that these rooms are more Woods View than what you'd expect when paying for Courtyard view, but in the end, we were happy with them! :mickey:

antnyh
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. The rooms don't look all that impressive for the amount of $$$. Are they nicer than they appear online? We are trying to decide between the WL and CR for next year. We've been so spoiled at the Poly it is hard for us to change.

Sinewiz
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
If you love the Poly the rooms at WL will seem small to you. That said, I have stayed at both and even if the cost of the resorts were equal (which they are not) I would still prefer staying at the WL. When it comes right down to it your paying for atmosphere at Disney, not really true quality of a room. The Wl room are very nice but not extravagent, decent size but probably not large enough for what your paying, but, atmosphere that can't be beat! The WL is my personal favorite, can you tell? :D:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I have stayed in every category....

We have overlooked the pool and woods and parking lots......

I have liked every one we had.....

But in my opinion the best room we had was a Standard view room.....

4th floor all the way to the front of the lobby on top of Whispering Canyon Cafe....
The room opened to the reading area which had 6 areas to sit at with little cubbies. Steps away we had a fire place that was over the entrance way of the lobby. All of these areas never had anyone at them. We could block open the door since no one could walk past it and listen to the music of the lobby........
One quick flight of steps and we were in the lobby......
Yes in My opinion that was the best room we have ever had at the Wilderness Lodge....

:cop: :tigger: