PDA

View Full Version : Lurker, but new poster. Questions :)

Sanderela
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi!
I am just booking my trip at the end of april/start of may. I am hoping this is a good crowd time.
I am wondering a few things.
1) I am thinking about staying at the Poly. I will have a 1 (just shy of 2) and 5 (almost 6yo). This is to celebrate DH 39th b-day. I am hoping that this will be a great place for all. Kids first trip and DH just about 1st trip (went 1x but work related, so nothing "magical") I stayed at the GF once and swore when I had kids I would SO stay on the monirail if I could afford it....my ? is....is it worth it?

2) Fun ideas to celebrate DH birthday..."special" things to do, eat at, etc...what do you think?

3) What you think the top 3 things to do with the 2 aged kids?

My grandparents would take us when we were little. I will never forget my first trip when my grandma let my boy cousin go on space mountian and we spent FOREVER waiting for him and she made me ride its a small world a million times....I will never forget how mad I was that I couldnt go on SM!
I also remember being so mad that when I got my souviner it was a GINORMOUS mexican hat from mexico that took up the whole back window of the car on our 3 day trip home LOL!

ok a little off topic there!

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions
S

Beast_fanatic
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Glad you decided to start posting! :thumbsup:

1. I think staying on the monorail line with young kids is a good thing as it is such easy access to the Magic Kingdom. One other good thing about staying at the Poly is that you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach. This can be very handy in getting the kids to bed just after.

2. You can get you DH a birthday button and he'll likely get lots of attention with that. As far as where to eat, I'd pick something fun like a character meal, or the Hoop-Dee-Do review, or maybe 50's Primetime Cafe.

3. I don't have kids, so I can't offer too much advice here, but I think the Magic Kingdom holds so much for kids of that age. It's fantastic to see the looks of delight on their faces. I'd suggest doing one (or more) character meal(s) too.

EllieMae
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
We stayed at the Poly when I was younger and I really think that you and your kids will love it! I remember watching the electric water parade and the fireworks from the beach at night (my older sister and I would race to be the first at the hammock). I am not sure if they will offer it again next year, but several of my Kindergarten students went to the pirates and princesses party last year and really enjoyed it, your kids may like that.

BigRedDad
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Just an idea and you would have to figure if you can swing the money for it and if he would enjoy it. I want to do it myself and I will at one time. The Richard Petty Driving Experience. Let him wizz down a NASCAR track at about 140. You don't even have to be a NASCAR fan to appreciate driving at that speed.

LisaP
08-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Greetings from a fellow lurker! I have to say that I LOVE THIS FORUM! Hello, my name is Lisa and I am an Intercot addict :blush:

I was 6 years old when I stayed at Poly, and I remember it vividly. What a magical experience. The monorail, the luau, the lush tropical setting, it was just incredible.

Get DH some sort of FUN hat to wear on his birthday, and make him wear it :party: The birthday button will also garner lots of attention.

Check out Disney's site and search for Magical Beginnings, they have a map of each park with attractions that are specifically geared for preschoolers. It was my must have for our trip.

Have a wonderful trip :mickey: