PDA

View Full Version : And it is.... CBR!

DisneyDear83
08-03-2008, 09:55 PM
So, we have finally made a decision about where to stay. CBR has won out and I am happy with this. I have read many good things and with the refurb taking place I am excited to get there. However I was wondering if anyone knows how the bus route works within the resort? For example, what village gets picked up first and dropped off first ... etc? Thanks!

Mickey91
08-04-2008, 07:36 AM
CBR is a very nice choice.:mickey: Have a wonderful time!! Not sure about the bus route.

yjgirl32
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
We stayed at CBR last year and it was very nice. The bus system stopped it seemed at our stop which I believe was Jamaica like 2nd or 3rd. It wasn't bad. We didn't share a bus- but was crowded. Nothing horrible. Have a great trip.

E-OR
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Will be anxious to hear what you think of CBR. When is your trip. We will be going to WDW in September staying at the values but our next trip we would like to stay at CBR. We stayed there several years ago before it was refurbished. We were really unhappy with the room but the grounds were beautiful. Now that the rooms have been upgraded a bit we would like to stay again. We would have liked to stay in one of the Pirate themed rooms but do not want to be that far from the food court etc... We stayed in Martinique and loved the location.

rnin02
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
You will love it! I think the bus route changes depending on what park you are coming from/going to though. Although I don't remember ever waiting too long there for a bus, or getting on one that was too crowded...so much nicer than the other resorts we've stayed at, as far as busses go!

bigbabyblues
08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
We've stayed at CBR twice, and we love it! I hope you enjoy your stay.

I think the buses have two different routes. It seems like sometimes we came in one way, sometimes the other. I know we stayed in Martinique in 2005, and sometimes we were dropped off first, sometimes we weren't.

When is your trip? We may consider one of the pirate-themed rooms for next year, depending on how things go.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
You'll love it! One of our favorites! Martinique is our favorite location.

DisneyDear83
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM
We will be going January 4-10. I requested the Martinique village building #24 and paid for the preferred location, so hopefully all goes well with getting it. I would love to stay in one of the pirate themed rooms, but unfortunately they will not be ready when we are there... unless they finish way ahead of schedule. I am considering using our bounceback for a vacation later in the year to stay in the pirate rooms. Arrgg! :)

CaptSmee
08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
The buses come in different entrances from different parks. I don't remember the order from when we stayed there, but I remeber sometimes we were the 1st drop off, sometimes we were the last. Sometimes we were the 1st pick up, sometimes we were last.

CleveRocks
08-05-2008, 07:15 AM
All buses travel clockwise through the resort.

Buses heading for Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney (these are separate buses, not one combined bus) start at Martinique and from there stop at Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before heading for the destination.

Buses heading for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (again, these are separate buses) start at Jamaica and from there stop at Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before heading for the destination.

There is also an internal shuttle bus that makes the loop around the resort. That bus has 8 stops rather than the seven above. In addition to the above stops, it also stops at the Custom House, the building that has the front desk, Bell Services, Lobby Concierge, Resort Airline Check-in desk, etc. The Custom House is across the street from Barbados.