PDA

View Full Version : To Book or Not to Book ....

MelXThree
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I have a question for everybody. I am planning (our 1st ) visit to WDW Jan 21-27, 2009 with my DH, DS5, DS2 & DS2. I would like to stay at WL my DH on the other hand he wants to stay somewhere (anywhere) cheaper. I know that late Oct or Nov they will most likely put out discounts. My budget says we can't pay more than $150 a night but I really want to stay at WL. So should I book a mod. hotel now and if I can upgrade later do that or should I just wait it out and book when discounts come?? :mickey:

Cheloconnell
08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
There is actually a historic discount link on this website under the info central tab. It appears from past years that the end of October, beginning of November does open to annual passholder discounts for January. There are also other discount offers for Disney Visa and General Public. This is not a guarantee, but they have done so several years historically. I have ASM booked, however, I will be on the phone immediately if they open it up. I called today and asked what I would need to do to get the new rate. They will need to refund my money and I would need to repurchase. They do not always open all resorts either. If you want to stay at a Deluxe and have your heart set on WL, I would book it now and rebook if it becomes available discounted. If not, you may regret not doing it when it was actually available. If it happens to come out discounted - bonus!! You just need to keep up with it and keep checking back. Welcome to the forums. Today was my first day on this site and I can't believe all of the information that is in here :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that WL only allows up to 4 people in the rooms (+1 child under age 3). Since it appears you have a 5 year old and twin 2 year olds, this may be the only trip you can stay at WL without having to get a second room.

BMan62
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I have a question for everybody. I am planning (our 1st ) visit to WDW Jan 21-27, 2009 with my DH, DS5, DS2 & DS2. I would like to stay at WL my DH on the other hand he wants to stay somewhere (anywhere) cheaper. I know that late Oct or Nov they will most likely put out discounts. My budget says we can't pay more than $150 a night but I really want to stay at WL. So should I book a mod. hotel now and if I can upgrade later do that or should I just wait it out and book when discounts come?? :mickey:

Do yourself a favor and contact the wonderful people at Magical Journeys (an Intercot sponsor.) They can give you a quote and some ideas on how to save some money on your trip. They will also set you up with any discounts that may apply for your specific dates.

disneymom15
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I would suggest using Magical Journeys to book you trip (they are a sponsor on this site). They watch for the discounts for you and if something comes up, they're on it.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I would suggest using Magical Journeys to book you trip (they are a sponsor on this site). They watch for the discounts for you and if something comes up, they're on it.
Absolutely!! :yes: