PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Extra Magic Hours and Calendar

special k
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
When you look at the park calendar for MK on the Disneyworld website it shows that the park is open till 10 PM on Friday August 29th, 11 PM Saturday August 30th, and 12 AM on Sunday August 31st.

It seems odd to me that it would be open later on a Sunday night than on a Saturday night...

Are the calendar hours shown on Sunday actually the "extra magic hours" or will the park be open even later than 12 AM (That Sunday is the evening extra magic hours day)?

Just a little confused by this...

Mickey91
08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow. I'm not sure. My best guess is that yes, it will be open later on the 31st due to the Labor Day holiday the next day. Usually the hours reflect normal park hours and the extra magic hours are in addition to the hours posted.

BMan62
08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
The hours shown on the calendar you are looking at are the Regular hours for the park that day. If there are Evening EMHs then the park will be open 'up to three hours' later. In your example, Sunday August 31st Regular park hours for MK are 9am - 12 midnight. Since it is an Evening EMH night, resort patrons will be able to be in the park until 3am.

As Mickey91 said, this is Labor Day Weekend, the last holiday for the Summer months in the US, so will probably be very busy.