PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Xmas dinner

Heller109
08-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi All

We just booked a spur of the moment trip to Disney over Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations for a special place to go for dinner? It will be myself, my husband, 7 yr old son , 11 yr old son and my Mom. We are open to any type of food...

Thanks,
Jenn

DestinationWDW
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I recommend eating at the California Gill, make your ADR around the time of the nightly fireworks at MK. The food is very elegant and the attire is business casual, no jeans. Your waiter will tell you when the fireworks will start so you can go out to the observation deck. If you’ve never did this the kids will have a blast. The atmosphere is upscale and not loud like most places to eat at DW. The park will be open late which gives you the ability to hop on a monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom after wards. The California Gill is on the 15th floor of the Contemporary.

When you check in ask for a window sit looking over the MK it's really amazing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Have you thought about booking one of the Candlelight Processional Dinners at Epcot? You get to eat at one of many choices of the World Showcase restaurants and then get guaranteed seating for the telling of the Christmas story at the Americas Garden Theatre....we are going and eating at Biergarten (Germany)....

Heller109
08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Hmm. Thanks. Both great ideas. I sorta like the Cali Grill idea as we are staying at the Contemporary ! THANKS! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
In 2006, we did the Candlelight Processional dinner package at Le Cellier on Christmas Eve -- it was a great way to spend the evening. We had Christmas dinner at 'Ohana (we were staying at the Polynesian), which was very fun and festive! :mickey:

Heller109
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I did end up with the Candle light Processional with dinner at the San Angel Inn.

I have to say - I just made my ADRs for our trip in Dec and I was SUPER impressed that I got ALL of my first choices for dinner and breakfast.

I was thinking we would probably have to make concessions due to how busy it will be and how late I am making the ADRs, but that wasn't the case.

Jenn