PDA

View Full Version : Do Guest at the Swan and Dolphin get to do Extra Magic Hours?

Speedy1998
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I know that guest at the Swan and Dolphin can not do DDP, but can they take part in EMH?

I just found out that my wife can get a discount there because she is a teacher.

WRWDisney
08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Quick answer: Yes

They also get Disney transportation, but not Magical Express.

Hope that helps:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
They get to use the bus system?.......Wow

What about the other hotels that are around Disney? Or is the Swan and Dolphin exclusive 'outside' hotels that get to use the bus system?

LynneM
08-03-2008, 11:16 PM
The Swan and Dolphin are the only two non-Disney owned resorts that are on the Disney transportation system. The DTD resorts have their own buses.

Sunshine1010
08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
DTD resorts have their own buses? Could you please let me know what resorts these are?

Do the buses run throughout the day?

DizneyRox
08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
DTD resorts have their own buses? Could you please let me know what resorts these are?

Do the buses run throughout the day?
DTD hotels (not resorts IMHO) contract their own bus company. They drop off in the parking lots (NOT the Disney bus drop offs), and run every maybe 30-45 minutes or so. I found them to be very lacking, especially if you want to get to a park early or stay later.

Also, they all (mostly) share the same bus, so it goes from one to the next, to the next until it's good and full. Next bus will pickup where that one left off.

BTW - The drop off are inthe parking lots, so MK drop off is actually at the TTC.

Sunshine1010
08-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Whoa...a 10 mile hike just to get to the front gate huh?....he he

andreallybadeggs
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
We've stayed at the Dolphin twice-loved it!
Re. teacher discount:
first stay we used it; they did require proof of employment-- I used a pay stub.
Second stay we booked it with the teacher discount and then discovered it was actually cheaper to use an on-line discount that was posted on the Dolphin web site so we changed the reservation.

DisneyDog
08-05-2008, 10:34 AM
We recently stayed at the Swan for the 2nd time and we love it there. Best part would be the boats. Boats can be taken to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. They arrive right in between Swan and Dolphin. A really great way to get around.

jnfr2424
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Whoa...a 10 mile hike just to get to the front gate huh?....he he

When I stayed at Doubletree (a DTD resort) I ended up renting a car - The buses took too long(and as a DW nut - you know I am already too excited and want to be near all the action ASAP!!) plus there is a great shopping center close by with car

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
The only perks you don't get with the Swan & Dolphin are Magical Express, the Disney Dining Plan and the ability to charge back to your room from the parks and that's it I think.
They have their own refillable mugs that you can buy and fill at Picabu, you can do the Extra Magic Hours, you can ship things from the parks to your resort gift shop.
The location can't be beat for the price and you can use the facilities at both the Swan & Dolphin and charge back to your room from both. And the beds are the best anywhere!

Mousemates
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Stayed at the swan in June and had a great stay....yes you get EMH, can use disney transport (Buses and water taxis to Epcot and DS) and if you drive you can park free at the theme parks (you do have a daily parking charge at your resort thou so this kind of cancels this perk out). The beds are great. The dolphin is very nice, the only reason we prefer the swan is for the queen size beds and the fact we prefer to view the dolphin (it is really cool looking and I love the big goofy fish on the top of the building) from swan versus looking at the swan from the dolphin.

disneygeek84
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
We've stayed at the Dolphin twice-loved it!
Re. teacher discount:
first stay we used it; they did require proof of employment-- I used a pay stub.
Second stay we booked it with the teacher discount and then discovered it was actually cheaper to use an on-line discount that was posted on the Dolphin web site so we changed the reservation.

How much of a teacher discount is it? My husband is a teacher and we might want to take advantage of it sometime.