PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder Historical Room Discount Info Needed

Cheloconnell
08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Now that I am a passholder for the first time, I have a question for anyone that may know historical information out there. I am trying to plan my trips for 2009. We are taking the kids in October 08 and my husband and I are going to celebrate our 10 year in December 08 without the kids. I am really anxious to get a discount on room rates. Like many things Disney, there seems to be predictable times in the year for everything. Does anyone know the timeframes around when annual passholders actually are offered special room rates? Is it a seasonal thing (once a season rooms are released)? How much lead time do they give? If I booked trips now and then an annual passholder discount is released on the room, can I get the difference back from the regular rate to the discounted rate? Any assistance for a newcomer would be greatly appreciated

PetefromRI
08-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome to Intercot.You'll find this website very addicting and full of info.We got AP's this past year and believe me when they say you'll be going alot once you get an AP.This Fall will be our 4th trip in a 12 month period.Our passes don't owe us anything.As far as rates go,we like to use MJ for our trips, so that when we book room only ,if the rate changes, then they automatically switch you to the lower rate.Last Jan. we booked a last minute trip at the Pop Century for 49.00 a night AP rate.Our kids are grown so we have the freedom to go when ever we want so we try to go during value seasons.Sept. always has offers for AP rates but with the free dining, we decided to book that instead.It seems to me that if you go into the Passholders area on the Disney site,they are always offering something.Use Magical Journeys and save yourself the hassle,they'll work hard for you and answer any questions that you may have.

Cheloconnell
08-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the information!! I do love this site already :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-03-2008, 02:33 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Info Central is your one stop shop for all of this kind of info. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp) to see historic discounts for the last 4 years.

Cheloconnell
08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I can't thank you enough. I definitely need to become a little more familiar with this site. Thanks so much for the great information :mickey: