PDA

View Full Version : Packing EXTRA for August heat

mouseketeer mom
08-02-2008, 07:47 PM
We don't do laundry on our Disney trips.
So..for those who know the August heat..do you pack more than usual for your family? For example, we sometimes re-wear shorts and stuff if they are clean...but I'm thinking we might come back from the parks feeling wet and disgusting from the August heat and not want to rewear things. Am I on the money, or should I just pack the usual amount? By the way, I am done packing, I did pack lots extra and now I'm thinking its way too much.:blush::blush::blush:

sisterdisco
08-02-2008, 08:31 PM
No doubt about it. You WILL come back from outside feeling wet and disgusting!!:blush:
The only clothes you might be able to wear twice are those that you put on clean in the evening! Good idea to pack extra!

cindyrellinut
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
My family normally goes in August and I am starting to pack for our trip in 10 days!!!!:cloud9:
I always pack 2 outfits for each day for everyone. You do get hot and sweaty and your clothes will be damp.:ack: This way after a morning and part of the afternoon we go back to the room, rest and change and feel fresh for dinner and the evening. You would be amazed how much of an energy burst it will give you. We go for 9 days and with the amount of luggage I bring for the 5 of us you would think we are moving there.:D
So far the total is 6 bags!:secret:

kakn7294
08-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Because we don't leave the parks in the middle of the day for pool breaks, our rule of thumb is one outfit per day plus one extra (includes all undergarments too) since my DD's are now at ages that I no longer need to lug extra changes of clothes to the parks. Like you, we do re-wear clothing at home if it doesn't seem dirty, but at WDW, you will not want to re-wear anything!

#1disneyfan
08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
We are leaving in 9 days also, and normally we do not wash in WDW. However, since we have the cruise following our trip at WDW we will be washing. I just didn't want to take too many extra clothes, plus I didn't want all those smelly clothes sitting around in our suitecase for that long.

In your case, I would just pack 2 outfits per day. You may find you won't need all of them, but I would rather overpack then find I am out of clothing.

Have a great time. See ya there :thumbsup: !