PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for things to see at GF?

Pop Centurion
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
We will be having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare this year and it will be our first time visiting the GF. I'd like to walk around the resort after our meal and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some great thing to see. I want to definitely take a walk over to the wedding pavilion. As long as there is no ceremony going on are you allowed in that area?
Thanks.

newcarsmell
08-02-2008, 05:58 PM
If I were there in the morning, a walk down to the dock (by Narcoosee's) might be nice. But if you find yourself there around early evening, the orchestra on the second level by the lounge can't be beat - we do it every trip.

Pop Centurion
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks.
We will only be there for breakfast so the orchestra won't be doable. We'll definitely take a walk down to the dock though. It'll be nice to have a different POV across the lake.

Jarrod
08-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Other than the obvious things, lobby, etc, we always enjoy walking over by the dock where they rent the sea raycers and you can usually get a close up view of the Grand 1 yacht. Its pretty cool. Actually, I think I read somewhere that there is a new one (Grand 2?). Anyway, its pretty impressive and if they are preparing it for a cruise, its kind of cool to check it out. Other than that, just a stroll around the grounds is worthwhile, the people watching can be interesting at the GF if you happen to catch a big event, etc. We were staying there once when they were filming the X-mas parade, and the place was buzzing with VIPs, etc. Kind of interesting to watch them. Some of them really think they are cool!

tnpoohbear
08-03-2008, 10:59 AM
If you are there at night see the water parade or watch wishes from the beach! I love to sit in the lobby and people watch. The gift shop is very nice as well.:mickey:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
How about strolling down to the beach? Or resting on a hammock?

You could also grab a beverage and sit out by Gasparilla's - there's a dead-on view of the castle. And if you have kids it's easy to corrale them there.

The wedding pavillion is locked if there is no event going on. But, of course you can walk around that area.

MichaelMouse
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Please do NOT forget to have the Bread Pudding w/ vanilla sauce for breakfast. It is what they are known for.

Hanging out near the Marina,aside from the MAin lobby is a good bet or on the dock near NArcossee's.

Keep your eyes open, you may just happen to see a celebrity/athlete walking by. They tend to stay at this resort.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

MichaelMouse: I'll definitely try the Bread Pudding. I've never had bread pudding before because the name alone never sounded too appetizing to me. But I'll take you word for it.

Thanks again.